Author Topic: Toolbar Button set save?  (Read 204 times)

Turk

I did use the search option and didn't see a post let alone a recent (with in the year) speaking of this, I assume it has been but...

Is there a way to save my selected icons and toolbar set layout separately or can it be saved with the screenshot save or ??

It would be great to be able to create shareable toolbar icon set layouts and really awesome if they were resizable similar to fonts.

phred

• Global Moderator
You can't save -only- the toolbar layout by itself.

From the menubar Edit > Saved Settings > [Save] or [Load] Saved Settings Snapshot.

OR

From the menubar Vies > Import / Export > [Import] or [Export] Panel Arrangement.

The first one will save -all- your settings. The second one will save your entire panel layout. I would assume the toolbar layout is included in one of those. Most likely the second one because the command buttons (toolbar) is an element in the panel layout. I haven't tried a 'restore' in a while so I can't state which method includes the toolbar.

The panel arrangement import/export is meant for sharing. The snapshot load/save is not. So again, I'm leaning towards the toolbar being -included- in the panel arrangement import/export.

Now that I think about it a little more, you might need -both- methods to restore the toolbar. The panel arrangement would -probably- save just the location of each button while the -icons- for each button -probably- would be saved in the settings snapshot.

If you save each with your current setup, you can then install the portable version and try restoring them to that and see what happens.

I have no idea what you're referring to when you ask "can it be saved with the screenshot save." Sure you can take a screenshot, but that doesn't -save- anything. It's only a graphic of your layout.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Turk

Thank You - pity no button set save but considering how drawn out creating a set is at least it can be saved and then I can tweak the other elements to suit the purpose of my numerous installs of mb.
With such a huge library I have 4 installs, a traditional install of mb contains my entire library spread across 4 harddrives of (omg) 18tb - many duplicated as flac & mp3 with cd, web, vinyl & all the deluxe, remastered reissues etc etc where available - I do own at least a vinyl or cd etc of the album but...a few slipped through the cracks, oopsey) with 3 portables having distinct flavours of music (1-Electronic / 2-Rock (guitar based) and everything else (from Jazz to Reggae to obscure world music) no doubt a 4th portable will evolve when I eventually invest in a true hifi rather than the arcam amp/power amp + B&W speakers entry level system I have atm as I begin to listen more to classical.
My point being each install of mb's layout is suited to the music more than it probably needs to be. I'm also not a playlist creator but enjoy being surprised by what shuffle offers and will open whichever install contains the mood of music I feel like listening to. I use my hard drives & folders as the template for my music library relying on diligently titling folders as well as spending more time than healthy id tagging everything into a cohesive system, thankfully tagscanners script ability combined with mb & their ability to grab everything from the net has been streamlined to suit my needs.

TL;DR sorry that was unnecessarily detailed. Thanks for confirming there is no way to save button sets alone but a method does exist to preserve them all be it not ideal. And re the screenshot statement again thanks for confirming that isn't a method to interchange panel layouts between installs but the import/export method is.
As you are aware its quite a learning curve to design your "perfect" muscbee layout, once achieved duplicating it across (as said) the multiples I use of musicbee is reassuring. Just as other users, I too have spent ungodly amount of hours learning & tweaking panel layouts. The customisation is awesome in the true sense of the word.

Thanks again !

hiccup

You could take a look at karbock's MusicBee File Paths: Installed vs Portable post and see where these files are stored, and then make a copy of those file/folders.
It would then be easy to copy them to any other or new portable install.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
TL;DR sorry that was unnecessarily detailed.
haha, apology accepted (kidding ofc - these little things amuse me).
I'd initially stopped reading after your ...(1-Electronic / 2-Rock (guitar based)... and then jumped over to the 2nd paragraph.
So when I immediately encountered your acknowledgement of the excess info, I chuckled.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.