Author Topic: Issues with the INVOLVEDPEOPLE tag and MusicBee  (Read 141 times)

Psy

I've found something interesting regarding Musicbee tag system.

Just recently noticed that my statistics show that the most played artist is "producer", that, of course, I don't recognize as a band or artist name.
Searching for "producer" shows a bunch of random artists, but neither have any "producer" string in the tags shown by MusicBee.

Looking at the files using TagScanner, I've found that there is a tag named INVOLVEDPEOPLE that usually has this format:

INVOLVEDPEOPLE: producer:Aaron Dessner;keyboard and piano:Thomas Bartlett; etc

but many files only have this by default:

INVOLVEDPEOPLE: producer

Now, I used some library apps in the past, so that's probably a default behavior for some of them, but besides, since MusicBee can't edit or even show the content of this tag, and the tag can have a bunch of people and names, I think it is odd that the tag counts on the statistics.

What do you think?

Psy

Confirmed that after removing the "INVOLVEDPEOPLE: producer" tag from all the affected files, and only the ones that have the "producer" word alone, I no longer have "producer" as an artist on the statistics. Seems that MusicBee is expecting to have a yyy:xxx; formatted list on this tag, and gets confused if there is just a single word.
Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 02:59:36 PM by Psy