Author Topic: why does musicbee keep messing with my album dates?  (Read 1003 times)

Bytor

I like to sequentially put album dates by their occurrence in the year.

i.e. the first album of 2023 for an artist gets entered as 2023.1, the second as 2023.2 and so on.

As soon as an album gets played, musicbee "corrects" the date to "2023-01-01"

How do  I stop this?

Bytor

the "year" field when I right-click on an album, and then "edit"

Bytor

I think I fixed it by applying the date I want using tagscanner, seems to hold now

frankz

I wouldn't count on that always displaying 100% as you wish.  Year is a date field, and MB will assume that what is entered there is a date. It's not going to know what miscellaneous other information that gets entered there is supposed to be.

You're probably better off in the long run creating a new field like "Release Order" or something and using a Virtual Tag to sort/display a combination of Year and then Release Order.

Dizza17

As Frankz has said, the year field is hard coded to be a date format. If you create a custom tag for it, you can change how musicbee reads the field by going to settings - tag 2 - change field. Scroll down until you find your custom tag and then select the drop down box. This is how musicbee  interprets the field.