Author Topic: Deleting all m4a files  (Read 664 times)

Geoff Boswell

I wonder if I could enquire about a job I will need doing. I do two online radio shows and recently lost all my music in a freak bitlocker problem.

I am slowly rebuilding my music library since a bitlocker incident, but have hit a couple of snags. I'll explain:

As a lot of very kind people have either sent me USBs or sent data transfer online of bulk music, I'd started to just add them to my library. I have ended up with multiple versions of the same album, or even multiple versions of the same track (file). (Thats an issue I'll resolve later)

The worst problem, and the one I'm enquiring about, is that I've been sent files in m4a, FLAC, and AIF as well as mp3. Now, the software I use to do my radio shows only uses mp3. I can live with the (comparatively) small amount of FLAC and AIF but the m4a is driving me mad, as I'm regularly selecting it without realizing I'm doing so.

I am currently going through the drive now, converting m4a to mp3. In turn, this is leaving redundant m4a files behind which are still in my way.

When I have finished converting those m4a files is there a way to (and I guess I am asking if Music Bee can do this) itemise all the m4a files on the drive and then I simply delete them? Or more probably, can Music Bee not display m4a? Thanks folks...

Roby

When converting select the option "Replace the source file - the original file will be deletecd".

Geoff Boswell

Thanks Roby. Now, bear with me, how do I concert?  ;)

Roby

To convert:
1. Select files to be converted
2. Menu Tools > Convert Format
3. In In the window that opens secect "Replace the source file - the original file will be deletecd".