Author Topic: Small bug with 'ignore tracks less than' setting  (Read 1194 times)

tjinc

Small files being imported into library even when 'ignore tracks less than' (20kB) setting is enabled.
Note that this only happens if the files are:
1. Imported into library before this setting is enabled, then
2. Deleted from library, then
3. 'Ignore tracks less than' (20kB) setting enabled, then
4. These same small tracks will be imported on folder scan.

See this question: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=40149.0

This behaviour was not apparent in ver 3.5.8447 P so it seems it has crept in with a later patch

Steven

• Administrator
i can't reproduce this using v3.5 or v3.6 with both the manual file scanner and via monitored folders. Was continuous monitoring enabled? In which case the file is being added ignoring the size filter, so i can fix that

tjinc

Ok, a small admission: When first testing this I had no small music files so I used a text file renamed as .mp3. Following your response I found a suitable valid mp3 file and this seems to behave as expected.
MusicBee identifies the invalid music file as corrupt (obviously) and reports that it has not been imported but creates an entry in the library anyway. This entry can be deleted from the library but is refreshed on any folder scan.

As the OP confirmed what I was suggesting, I assumed that my (admittedly dodgy) test was valid - maybe they have done the same or they are using continuous monitoring as you say.

Also this behaviour with the invalid music file is not seen in ver 3.5.8447 P so something has changed.

However I am not so sure that this is worth looking at now, so apologies.

Babydoll32

i can't reproduce this using v3.5 or v3.6 with both the manual file scanner and via monitored folders. Was continuous monitoring enabled? In which case the file is being added ignoring the size filter, so i can fix that

Hi, Steven.
I used last version before 3.5.8698, when it worked fine. With reinstalling my OS I installed 3.5.8698. Then it happened, that 0-byte files were send to inbox and shown as corrupted (what they are). I can delete them from inbox, but they will be reimported at next scan. I don‘t use monitored folders yet.