Author Topic: Synchronize lyric file to backup device even if music file already synced  (Read 1413 times)

MusicalCetacean

I ran into a situation where the lyric files (.lrc) that I exported to a microSD card from MusicBee cannot be read by the player I'm using the card on. In an attempt to fix this issue, I deleted all of the lrc files on the card, with the intention to have them regenerated by the MusicBee backup/sync function. But MusicBee doesn't export lyrics if the music file is already on the backup device, so now I have no way to rebuild the lrc files without deleting everything off of the card and resynchronizing everything.

My wishlist item is a behavior where if MusicBee is set to export lyrics in .lrc files, then if it doesn't detect a matching .lrc file next to a music file, then it creates that file and copies the lyrics over.

phred

• Global Moderator
What player are you using and have you confirmed that it can read synchronized lyrics? Not all players can.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MusicalCetacean

Oh, I wasn't talking about synchronized lyrics (lyrics that have timestamps), I was talking about the sync/backup function where MusicBee exports/syncs music to another location. Sorry, there's overloaded terminology here.

It's the Sony Walkman ZX-707, and it can read lyrics from .lrc files. In fact, it did do so for a while (both time-synchronized and unsynchronized lyrics), but then stopped for some reason. I was trying to troubleshoot why those lyric files weren't being read anymore and didn't realize at the time that MusicBee won't export lyrics to a storage device (the microSD card) if the music file is already present there.