Author Topic: Storing a database of listened but deleted albums in Musoc Bee  (Read 1281 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
The ideal option would be if you could create a “Deleted” playlist, add albums there and delete them from the HDD. But unfortunately, after deletion they disappear from the playlist :(
[It's odd that I've had to explain this about half a dozen times over the past month or so.]

A playlist is nothing more than a text file. It only contains the path to the music file referenced. It does not contain any music files. It is text only.

When you delete the music file, the playlist updates by removing the path (text) pointing to that file.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Foliant

The ideal option would be if you could create a “Deleted” playlist, add albums there and delete them from the HDD. But unfortunately, after deletion they disappear from the playlist :(
[It's odd that I've had to explain this about half a dozen times over the past month or so.]

A playlist is nothing more than a text file. It only contains the path to the music file referenced. It does not contain any music files. It is text only.

When you delete the music file, the playlist updates by removing the path (text) pointing to that file.

I understand it. Just expressing my wish that it would be great to be able to add to a playlist without having the entries removed when physical files are moved or deleted.

After all, I remember exactly what happens when I click on a track in the library (not in the playlist), and I get a notification that the track has been moved and is asked to specify a new path. This would suit me with deleted files.

frankz

If you delete the files in Windows Explorer (not MB), don't the deleted songs remain in the playlist with a ! indicator that says the referenced file cannot be found?

Foliant

If you delete the files in Windows Explorer (not MB), don't the deleted songs remain in the playlist with a ! indicator that says the referenced file cannot be found?

If you add files to a library and then move them to a new location, they are moved to "new" but a record of that album remains in the libraries. Clicking on the tracks displays a message stating that the file is missing (you need to specify a new location).

Zak

• Global Moderator
Previously, I copied the name of the artist and album into a text file, and then, before downloading, I opened a search in this file. But then you had to search in the text file and also in MusicBee. This is 2 actions. I would like to make it simpler: so that you only need to check it in MusicBee once.
Hmm. Why do you also have to check in MusicBee?
The separate list will only include things that are definitely not in MusicBee any more because you already deleted them.  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...

Foliant

Previously, I copied the name of the artist and album into a text file, and then, before downloading, I opened a search in this file. But then you had to search in the text file and also in MusicBee. This is 2 actions. I would like to make it simpler: so that you only need to check it in MusicBee once.
Hmm. Why do you also have to check in MusicBee?
The separate list will only include things that are definitely not in MusicBee any more because you already deleted them.  :-\

Perhaps you didn’t understand the essence of why all this: before downloading an album, if I don’t remember by name whether I have it, I look for it in the MB library. If it is not there, then it may be in the remote ones. To do this I need to use search in the text file.