Author Topic: Allow multiple images to be added at once  (Read 5838 times)

beeing good

Or an extra space for artwork to appear automatically when you add an image without having to save first.

Or ideally both.

The way it is at the moment it takes forever to add more than 3 images. It gets incredible tedious having to add only one at a time after you have added the first three.

paq

Could you go around the problem by changing the retrieval filter for artwork to include pictures inside the folder and then simply put the pictures there?

beeing good

I did do this recently but it has made more of a mess of things than when I started as I had at least a good quality front cover for every album but some folders contained the odd folder.jpg or cover.jpg which are not high quality so I now have lots of albums with two covers, one good and one not very good so I am having to go through and delete all the rubbish ones. It would've been fine if I had started building my library with this in mind but I have never cared about other images in the folders because I used to embed a good quality cover but since the image rotation I have started to look more in to the back covers/inlays etc.

paq

Ah, I see.

Just to clarify, do you want to be able to add multiple images at once no matter the images source (downloading them/files from computer)?

One first approach as a solution of this problem maybe could be to enable drag-n-drop of multiple images in windows onto a track in MB.

Another would be to just be able to select multiple files in the file dialog inside MB when choosing the picture to embed or link.

beeing good

Either of your solutions would work I think. Either that or have another empty slot open up when you have used the first three because at the moment after that you have to open the tag editor, add the image, save & close the editor, then open the tag editor again and repeat for each image which is extremely long winded when you have a whole scanned booklet or something.

I suppose with actually adding a batch of files (dragging and dropping or selecting multiples) you lose the ability to define how to attach them, unless you want them all to be attached the same way (which would be fine for me). I think just getting an extra slot open up without having save/reopen would be easiest/best but I don't know which would be easier from Steven's side.

I didn't think about the downloading side of things, not really sure what to suggest with that.

paq

Hmm, could you please explain more where this limit of 3 slots are? I'm having a hard time understanding and can't find this limit myself.

When I open up the Tag Editor and choose the Artwork tab, I can click the Add button to add an image, and after that a new "placeholder" (the slots you are referring to?) shows up with an Add button. This lets me repeat the process of adding an image an unlimited number of times before I finally click Save to close the tag editor. Is this different for you? Do you embed the pictures or link them?  I'm using version 2.1.4720

beeing good

That sounds weird, I don't have that behaviour. The same thing happens for me until I have three images and then no more placeholders appear, I have to save and reopen for another placeholder to appear. Did you try more than three images?

I usually embed one picture and link to the original file for the other images. V2.1.4731 here but I'm sure it's always been like this, or at least for a very long time.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Hmm, could you please explain more where this limit of 3 slots are? I'm having a hard time understanding and can't find this limit myself.

If the tag editor is floating, you only get 3 artwork slots.

@ beeing good: if you change to the tag editor "in Main Panel", you can can keep adding without having to save after each image.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

beeing good

Bee-liever I remember you saying this before but this still has the same problem (and more besides). I don't get another slot automatically without saving and I get this happening:

As you can see the Save To button of the last image I added (the third) can't even be accessed. Then I click the Save icon and this happens, there isn't another empty image slot.

This is the image that is cut off in the previous picture, as you can see there isn't another slot for adding an image.

After you informed me of using the editor in the main panel I rapidly gave up with it, it seems buggy and doesn't work well at all (for me anyway).

paq

I could have sworn that I succeeded with a test just recently with a lot more than 3 images and the tag editor floating...

...but now when I'm trying it is exactly the (buggy) behavior you point out. Very strange.

Edit: I figured out what made it work for me. If I use the scroll wheel on my mouse, I can scroll down to the last slot where there is an Add-button. But the scroll bar really doesn't work like it should in this case. So try using the scroll wheel.

And I suggest this thread is moved to the Bugs section. I have a hard time believing Steven intentionally wanted for only three images to be added at a time ;)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
And I suggest this thread is moved to the Bugs section. I have a hard time believing Steven intentionally wanted for only three images to be added at a time ;)

Have split the existing error(s) to  the Bugs section, (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8227.new#new)  leaving the multiple image wish here.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together