Author Topic: FIXED -Hightlight Rules reset at restart - Have to re-apply Rules Editor entries  (Read 2452 times)

shineangelic

Version 3.5.8447. I use two rules to hightlight "instrumental" and "danceable" music via Spotify TAGS inside "Highlighting Rules Editor"

On main panel's "track view" I was able to add the "Hightlight" column and everything work (I can see the icon aside the "instrumental" tracks)

However, when I restart MusicBee those hightlight icons are shown on ALL TRACKS, unless I re-enter the rules configuration editor and make whatever minor change and save. I have to do this for every rule, then everything is correct again, but it is a nuisance to reach that panel at each restart and I don't think it's supposed to work like that.

Someone may argue that EBSM is actually both instrumental and danceable, but I can assure that those particular songs aren't :)
Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 10:45:37 AM by shineangelic

Steven

• Administrator
so when you restart MB there are no rules?
and if you re-edit the rules while MB is still running are the rules still configured?

shineangelic

so when you restart MB there are no rules?
and if you re-edit the rules while MB is still running are the rules still configured?

Thanks for replying

No, when I restart MusicBee the rules are still there, but they are applied to ALL tracks, ignoring the defined criteria.

If I re-edit the rules after restart (I just need to save each rule again, even with no actual edits) then the visualization is fixed and the rules are applied correctly only to tracks matching the re-saved criteria/rule

Steven

• Administrator

shineangelic

I can tell how to replicate starting from empty/newly installed musicBee 3.5.8447

1. Define a CustomTag "Custom1Vote" of type "Rating"
2. give a "Custom1Vote" of 4 stars to a random song -> the custom tag now contains "80"
3.Define a hightlight Rule as follows:

4.The rule is correctly applied on the edited song ONLY

Now, if you restart, the rule will be wrongly applied to all songs:

I guess the bug is related to custom tags only, as I tried with standard ones and I can't replicate it

I included the requested settings file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Ni9JEvDb0LUbbmDUB031HezTvcpYbBS/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:53:02 AM by shineangelic

hiccup

Just a guess, maybe it is somehow related to this:

For both the regular rating as for the custom tag rating I set the rule to 'rating is higher than 3 stars.
But for the regular tag it will say > 3, and for the custom tag > 60
Maybe that's correct, but it does make me wonder.

It could also depend on the audio codec? I believe that rating values will be different for mp3 and flac?
And even depending on what software wrote the tag.

shineangelic

For both the regular rating as for the custom tag rating I set the rule to 'rating is higher than 3 stars.
But for the regular tag it will say > 3, and for the custom tag > 60

I based my assumption that rating was 0-100 on the fact that musicbee assigns a 80 choosing 4 stars.
I did not realize this behaviour is different among custom and regular tags.

hiccup

I based my assumption that rating was 0-100 on the fact that musicbee assigns a 80 choosing 4 stars.
I did not realize this behaviour is different among custom and regular tags.
It's even different between audio codecs (metadata) and software applications.
So it's probably not the simplest of things to get 'right' for MusicBee.

shineangelic

The Incredible Boom Boom

This bug looked similar to https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=40138.0 to me, so I tried patched version 3.6.8698, but the issue is still present.

Just an FYI, the aforementioned bug seems to have been resolved in the linked thread.
Could you confirm, @shineangelic?

phred

• Global Moderator
As the OP of the referenced thread, I can confirm that the issue was resolved with the latest 3.6 patch (3.6.8736) available here
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

shineangelic

thank you for replying, I tried with patched version 3.6.8758, but the bug is still present.

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i can reproduce this when the custom field is set to type: Rating so i should be able to fix it

Steven

• Administrator

shineangelic

Yes Steven, I can confirm it is now fixed (3.6.8771). Thanks everyone!
Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 10:34:48 AM by shineangelic