Author Topic: Adding pad to files sent to another folder from playlists  (Read 1916 times)

airider74

I'm looking for an option to add padding to filenames.  Since some music players don't support .m3u or other playlist formats, my only resort is to add sequential numbers to the front of the files.  Musicbee has this ability via its Send To -> Folder (Copy) -> Copy Files to Folder Feature.

Screenshot Image

This works perfectly when my playlist has less than 100 files in it.  The first nine file names have zeros padded to the names so they are ordered sequentially (i.e. 01, 02, 03, 04, ... 09) when sorted by name.  The filenames after that have no padding (10, 11, 12 ... 99).

When I have over 100 files, I also need the ability to add an additional zero to those files less than 100 (i.e. 011, 012, 013 ... 099)).  Otherwise, music players group the the files in the wrong order based on their leading number (11, 101, 102, ...110).  Right now I have to use a program like "Bulk Filename Utility" to pad zeros on to the files from 10-99.  I'd like the ability, within Musicbee, to add a 0 pad to the file name when the number of files to be Sent exceeds 99.

airider74

hiccup

If you use Copy Files to Organised folder you can add a rule that does that:
$Pad(<Tr.#>,3) - <Artist> - <Title>

tjinc

MusicBee already defaults to a 3 digit preceding number when copying a playlist to a folder - here's one I just tried:

And here is a recent post by someone querying what those 3 digits are.

What version of MusicBee are you using?