Author Topic: MusicBee Can't scan folder  (Read 927 times)

rpsibew110

I get this error when trying to scan folders for new files. "Thu 8 10 23 11:04:54 AM - 10.0.19045.0 - 3.5.8384.15210D - System.IO.IOException: Invalid Signature.
\\MACBOOK\Media\Music\
   at #=zmwLboMRgpyiAMXloCuoqFsU=.#=zCiktxQgWkOOm.#=zXLFiC0s=.#=zcJ79NXibJmt$.MoveNext()
   at #=zwbq9aJAPEJRE3rArdrYdHtw=.#=zWXDIsJTtQLOD(#=zbBwGsmyTap4JONvPt0qI6sE=[] #=z773WM4w=, List`1 #=zQrpgBca9EaMm, String[] #=zYtipk8obe8Pq, Boolean #=zT4ZHwd0p5V95, Boolean #=zNMbFhd9v63O_U4JQnA==, Boolean #=zNtbXeJ0I0vJq$0TAfG$dgIo=, #=zCbnD6Cxbufd2L17_LYomGCoPxzcy #=z81_9VjI=, Boolean #=zym_YpVOIH8yY, Boolean #=zte0ra01Q3ULT, #=zqFwEzsSpcD2r0fgNdz$belTcZAmnUwgNSQ== #=zeAmYsCsQZ2xsN1gk8bJVy0M=, #=zxmJLNsys3dhul1hoMwRVXMKbuLZ8NfMRbQ== #=zeuDEzxJk67Uy)
   at #=zKFb7c0xLWXUJoJKrxecbT58=.#=z4qhkt8iA$8lw(Object #=z9gUsVjQ=)"

I get this error when monitoring the folder at start up. "Monitored folders - file scan failed: Invalid Signature."

I can go in and select one artist at a time with multiple albums in their folder and they import. Is there a limit to the size, amount of folders, or number of files that can be imported?

There are 1093 artists and 59,230 files in a 244GB data base.
Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 09:10:37 PM by rpsibew110

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I get this error when monitoring the folder at start up. "Monitored folders - file scan failed: Invalid Signature."
I can go in and select one artist at a time with multiple albums in their folder and they import. Is there a limit to the size, amount of folders, or number of files that can be imported?
You might have corrupt files interrupting the scan process.
Refer to Zak's reply here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36324.msg198996#msg198996
If this only started happening recently, then first check with the most-recent music files that you added to your system.

Is there a limit to the size, amount of folders, or number of files that can be imported?
None that I know of, but 60k is relatively small compared to what other folks have reported before - so that can't be it.

Edit:
I just peeped the network reference:    \\MACBOOK\Media\Music\
I'm guessing that's probably where the issue lies. But what exactly it is, I wouldn't know.
Have you always used it, and has it always worked scanning on startup? If so, then maybe it's back to the corrupt file(s) assumption.
Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 10:01:41 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Steven

• Administrator
windows is returning the error and musicbee is simply reporting the error. Its happening when reading the directory in that file path

The Incredible Boom Boom

You could try assigning your network drive to a drive path in Windows.