Author Topic: Tag Mapping: MusicBee, mp3tag, Picard  (Read 8809 times)

hiccup

• Release time:
    the values in the table were taken from Configuration.xml, and are conform to what I observed when testing:
    TXXX/TDRL in an mp3 ID3v2.3.
I was talking about the Episode Date.
Add it as a column in the main panel, and then edit/populate it there inline.
It will write the TDRL tag (without TXXX/)
I think the intended purpose here is for the release date of podcasts? Not sure.
searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

Dizza17

@ hiccup
Yes I am very sure. Artist: Performer gets saved as Musician Credits not TXXX/Performer. for me anyway. See attached screen shot, i use the TXXX/Musicians Tag to save them individually. https://imgur.com/a/lBx7jWe
When the rich wage war, it’s the poor who suffer.

hiccup

@ hiccup
Yes I am very sure. Artist: Performer gets saved as Musician Credits not TXXX/Performer. for me anyway. See attached screen shot, i use the TXXX/Musicians Tag to save them individually. https://imgur.com/a/lBx7jWe
This is the sort of confusion I spoke of two posts earlier ;-)

I was talking about Artist : Performer
You are talking about  Artist : Instrument

searching the forum:    method 1   ·   method 2   ·   method 3                            latest MusicBee patches:   here                            all virtual tag functions:   here

karbock

A few changes:
  • Volume adjustment: added.
  • Show movement: added.
  • Release time (custom tag): is now apart from Episode date (standard tag).
  • Musician Credits List: removed (deprecated and inaccessible in MB's interface).
  • Album-Sort (and similar tags): replaced by Sort Album
Search
  Forum •   Wiki
Tips
MB File Paths •  Update Patches
$Functions() •  Regular Expressions
Tag Symbols •  Tag Mapping

Dizza17

This just adds to the confusion. Artist: Performer is populated with person:(instrument), the same as the instruments: Performer tag. I would have thought artist: performer would be blank if all the roles were instruments. I know I’m probably going over well treaded ground, but just knowing exactly how to map performer:instrument so that it gets picked up correctly by the artist splitter is probably something simple I’m missing!

Thanks for the great work on these tag mapping guides, much appreciated.
Regards

hiccup

This just adds to the confusion…
Artists: Performer and Artist: Instrument are not not actual tags.
They are virtual tags that have some internal rules for what to display in MusicBee.

And maybe I misunderstand what you are saying, but in my opinion it makes perfect sense that Artist: Performer displays the artists that have an instrument attached to them.
If they are not performers, who are?

Dizza17

Yeah they are a built in virtual tag which is brilliant. I have to agree with you there they are indeed Performers after all. I suppose I was just thinking that since Performer:instrument is already populated with artist and their instruments the artist: Performer might be populated by the Performers that have been listed with Performer under role/instrument. Appreciate the discussion.
Cheers

hiccup

The Picard mapping tables were updated:

•  APEv2 tags were added to the second (M4A · WMA · WV) table
     •  the font colouring has been improved
         (both the logic behind– and the consistency of it)
     •  internal Picard names were added to the Picard tag names column. (these are the names that must be used for Picard scripting)
     •  I gave all year/date related tags a fresh look and testing. (since this category of tags can be the most confusing of all to get right)
        They have been updated accordingly and are now grouped together (only for the MP3/FLAC table)
     •  explanations on how tag mapping can actually be accomplished have been added

hiccup

* Added: Multiple Artist Splitter
Nice.
Een losse flodder, see if you deem it useful to add:
Where it concerns displaying artists, 'Artist' in the column browser will not show the same type of 'Artist' as it will in the main panel.
It may be the case for other locations too, not sure at this very moment.
Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 11:21:31 PM by hiccup

Dizza17

Hi Karbock,
Great work with the artist splitter guide, Very helpful! Just something to add in the “tags that are written to the audio file”. when you have an instrument assigned to each artist they are written to the TMCL tag (for ID32.4) in instrument: artist format.

karbock

@hiccup @Dizza17 Thanks for your compliments and keen comments!

These are the resulting additions, after fumbling deeper in MB's entrails:

(4b) Split up between:
- Main panel  /  Track information  /  Virtual tag formulas
- Thumbnail browser
- Column browser

(4c) Added: IPLS (ID3 v2.3) and TMCL (ID3 v2.4)
Search
  Forum •   Wiki
Tips

Dizza17

Karbock,

I tip my hat to your efforts as this seems to be quite the undertaking  even with hiccup's tag mapping docs to reference. This well put together guide will no doubt benefit  both experienced & newbie MB users.

Seeing the complexity workings of the artist tag splitter I'm curious as to why the built in virtual tag Instruments: Performers isn't mapped directly to Musician Credits (TMCL). I know it does display data from TMCL but then there wouldn't be any overlap/grey area as to what's getting written to each specific tag.

ie:
- Artists: Guest - TXXX/GUEST ARTIST
- Artists: Performers - TXXX/PERFORMER
- Instruments: Performers - TMCL (ID3v2.4)

but alas your guide will now save users countless hours of trial & error when populating the artist tag splitter etc.
cheers!

hiccup

Karbock,
I tip my hat to your efforts as this seems to be quite the undertaking  even with hiccup's tag mapping docs to reference.
Tipping my hat to karbock too.
You hand this guy a straw, and then he builds a house from it.

karbock

Thanks, guys for your support!

* Added: the matching mp3tag IDs are now included in (4c) Tags written to the audio files
Search
  Forum •   Wiki
Tips