Author Topic: MusicBee not detecting Android device  (Read 1745 times)

hofegal473

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Hi,

I have a Moto G4 phone running Android 7.0 and was hoping to be able to sync my MB library to it.
I have searched around numerous forum threads already and cannot find a solution to my problem.

I have patched MB to version 3.5.8582
I connect my phone to my PC (Windows 10) via USB with MTP mode. The phone is unlocked, visible and accessible in Windows explorer.
I then open MB but it does not appear under Devices in the left sidebar.
It also does not appear under Computer in MB.
In the Devices preference menu, it shows up in the Add Virtual Device folder browser, however when I select any folder on the phone the OK button is greyed out.

In the error log, this line is printed whenever I connect the phone, or start MB with the phone connected.
Code
Unable to initialise device=Could not load type 'PortableDeviceApiLib.PortableDeviceFTMClass' from assembly 'Interop.PortableDeviceApiLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I have tried different USB ports and reinstalling phone USB drivers.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9239
How long did you wait for the device to show up in MB's Devices config? The last time I used my Android with a wired/USB connection to MB it took about three minutes before it showed up.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hofegal473

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried leaving the device unlocked and connected for over 5 minutes but it still did not show up in MB.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9239
Well ... it was worth a try. I've got no other suggestions at the moment.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hofegal473

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I have managed to solve my issue with the help of a friend.
It turns out my versions of Interop.PortableDeviceTypesLib.dll and Interop.PortableDeviceApiLib.dll were outdated (file dates 2012) and replacing them in my MB installation directory with more updated ones from my friend's MB installation directory (file dates 2019) has solved my problem.

If anyone is facing a similar issues, I suggest giving this a try. You can get the .dll files yourself using the MB portable installer and copying the two files to your main installation directory.
Perhaps these two .dll files could be added to future patch .zip files to ensure everyone has the latest versions.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9239
I'm curious as to why you didn't have the updated versions.

What version number are/were you using? And was it the Installer or Store version?

I have the updated files and have only updated using the patches since v3.3. And as you indicated, they're not included in the patch updates.

EDIT: I did find both 2019 dlls in the patch for 3.3.7490.
But I do agree that the two files should be included in the patch builds.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hofegal473

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I don't know what version I was using before I patched, but I only used the installer when I initially installed some time after 2016, and have used patches since then.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9239
Thanks.

I guess Steven is the only one who would know when the dlls were added to the Installer and Portable releases and why they're not in the patches.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here