Author Topic: Choose bits/khz in conversion and VERIFY in case of corruption with conversion  (Read 1410 times)

asdasdasd223

Currently you can only choose "resample to 44.1K"

Please allow a drop-down menu for bits/resampling.

For example, I want to convert my high resolution 24/192 files down to 16/48 (currently even if choosing "resample to 44.1K" it'll still be 24/44). MediaHuman Audio Converter allows me to choose anything I want, but this would mean that it would be considered a "new file" to Musicbee and won't be in any of my playlists. If I use Musicbee's converter, then the same song will still be in all of the correct playlists if I choose "replace original". If I have a song in 50 playlists, then I'd have to re-add them by hand if I use MediaHuman...

Also, can there be a "verify" feature in the conversion menu like in "TeraCopy" so that if the converted file is corrupted in some way, Musicbee will reconvert until it's perfect?

TeraCopy uses checksums but I'm not sure how that would work in this case since the two files will be different resolutions, so different checksums, which is the point of conversion...

Perhaps instead of checksums, it could be along the lines of what "FakinTheFunk" does where it checks if the file is corrupted (as in, the audio file reports "4:09" for time length, but the actual length is "2:33" because half of the song is silence due to the corruption)

For that feature, it may be prudent to make it a library-wide setting so that people can be notified by Musicbee if any of their songs get corrupted. Maybe adding an "exclusion" list for songs that have "secret tracks" where there's 10 minutes of silence after the main song, etc... So, the pop-up will say that "so and so may be corrupted, if this is a mistake, please press "add to exclusion list").

Of course, if there's another change to that file where the actual length goes down even more, then Musicbee will ask again even if that song is added to the exclusion list. As songs that have secret tracks can get corrupted too... So, to show how that would work...

Track length of song that has secret track: "15:44"
Actual length due to silence: "5:20"
User adds to exclusion list because the silence is on purpose.
Track gets corrupted for real and now has an actual length of "3:10"
Musicbee notifies user once again of the NEW discrepancy.

Thank you for the consideration!