Author Topic: [SOLVED] iTunes Library Import Error - System Null Reference Exception  (Read 281 times)

Loafykat

I'm trying to import an iTunes library that's located on another drive (in this case F:\), but I keep getting the following error:

Code
MusicBee v3.5.8447.35892D  (Win10.0), 2 Jul 2023 23:26:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zPvI1Uy1iDbZdVUmqNyClZIw=.#=zJjo879c=.#=zAhEkRUCkeoEC(List`1 #=z$oIKOWB5JiFY, List`1 #=zpFkLU24jXO5yMX0NNg==, Boolean #=zE0cU$MnDN0fBjzGNjA==, Boolean #=zJ7bRWknvEV$y0rqvYQ==, #=zrJ5_Yk545gE24AxRB8KtbsPWnxrZLt9$1A== #=zYtAAzMnJat_d)
   at #=zPvI1Uy1iDbZdVUmqNyClZIw=.#=zJjo879c=.#=z$Vmki7$ws87LvJrGQ9Te5mY=(#=z4$90odPQW5oVh9588w== #=zjbAjPZVG_glF, Boolean #=zE0cU$MnDN0fBjzGNjA==, Boolean #=zJ7bRWknvEV$y0rqvYQ==, #=zrJ5_Yk545gE24AxRB8KtbsPWnxrZLt9$1A== #=zYtAAzMnJat_d)
   at #=zmjNyQKFg7RoBdN6C9E9rbVieJ_HH.#=zGZQYi0oQfLfT()

I have a fresh install of Musicbee and was hoping to transition to it as a replacement for iTunes, but unfortunately I can't seem to even get my music out of the program because of this error. AFAIK, my iTunes Library.xml file is formatted correctly, although the library itself is admittedly quite old--I've transferred it across Macs and PCs since at least 2008--could it be that an mp3 file somewhere is corrupted? The library has 5000+ songs so I admit I'm not exactly sure where to begin looking.

I exported a fresh copy of the library XML just to be safe and still ran into the same problem when I attempted importing it into Musicbee again. I'm out of ideas as to what the issue may be. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 12:23:49 AM by Loafykat

Steven

• Administrator
try the patch version as i think that is already fixed
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Loafykat

The patch worked perfectly! I was able to import all 5000+ songs without a hitch and can finally ditch iTunes. Thank you, and please keep up the awesome work with MusicBee!