Author Topic: What is the floating window for? Operating the floating window also activates th  (Read 607 times)

lamrongol

I may be misunderstanding, but isn't the floating window there to perform minimal operations (play/pause, rating, etc.) without having to display the main window? However, when I operate the floating window, the main window also becomes active and interferes with my work. Is this expected behavior?

Zak

• Global Moderator
If you mean the little preview window that appears when you hover over the app button in the Windows task bar, it's working as expected for me.
What version of MusicBee are you using?
Do you have any other Windows tools running that might affect task bar behaviour?
Does it work correctly in other apps that offer similar functionality?
Bee excellent to each other...

lamrongol

If you mean the little preview window that appears when you hover over the app button in the Windows task bar,
No, floating window of "Prefences"-"Layout (1)"-"Arrange Panels..."
https://gyazo.com/35b3bd2225a5c365a9a232ee0b415361

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, that's the expected behavior.
A floating window, no matter what elements it contains, exists outside of MB's window. It does -not- replace MB's window. It allows the user to continue to see whatever is in the main window while (for example) using the Tag Editor.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lamrongol

It allows the user to continue to see whatever is in the main window while (for example) using the Tag Editor.

Hmmm, for example, if someone wants to edit a tag, they just do it in the main window? Which case is it necessary to operate in a floating window while looking at the main window?

phred

• Global Moderator
Hmmm, for example, if someone wants to edit a tag, they just do it in the main window? Which case is it necessary to operate in a floating window while looking at the main window?
MB offers an option that enables direct editing of tags in the main panel. Or in a floating window. As for "which case is it necessary to operate in a floating window..." it's the user's personal preference. I do not like editing in the main panel, so I have the tag editor in a floating window.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lamrongol

it's the user's personal preference. I do not like editing in the main panel, so I have the tag editor in a floating window.
OK, so I should request to add an option "Main window doesn't become active when operating floating window"?