Author Topic: Font Color  (Read 244 times)

Peet

Is the anyway to change the font color for SELECTED songs only PERMANENTLY so that they could stand out?  It would be useful during browsing.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Nope. Not in the way you've described.

Closest things I can suggest:

In a Track Details view, display the checkmark column to tick the songs you want to keep track of.
Later you can right-click on the list and select Select All Ticked Files to highlight them.
(Note there appears to be a bug in that after selecting that menu option, the menu doesn't close and clicking anywhere else to close it then deselects all your newly selected files. Press the Esc key to close it and keep the files selected)

Use a custom tag - or any built-in tag you don't already use - and assign it a value in the tracks you want to keep track of.
In any view (I think, or at least most of them), add the Highlight field and edit the highlight rules – Edit > Preferences > Tags (2) > Highlighting – to display a little coloured box next to the tracks you have added a value to. An additional benefit of this approach is being able to display different colours based on whatever value you have assigned your chosen tag.
Bee excellent to each other...

TateB

Is the anyway to change the font color for SELECTED songs only PERMANENTLY so that they could stand out?  It would be useful during browsing.

I created a "test" virtual tag called TitleColor, and used BPM as the test field (as I never use it):
$IsNull(<BPM>,<Title>,{color: 155,255,64}<Title>{color: default})

I then changed the Set Displayed Fields for "Title" to the name of this virtual tag, in this case, TitleColor.

When BPM has a value, it turns the title green.  When BPM has no value, it leaves it with the default color.

You could substitute "BPM" for a custom tag of your own creation, then simply enter any value into the tag to permanently change the colour of the title.  You could get a bit more creative and customize colors for specific values by using the conditional $If and nesting the formulas rather than $IsNull, as the latter only evaluates for an empty field.

boroda

probably even v.tag "{color: <TitleColor>}<Title>{color: default}" may work (where custom tag <TitleColor> must be set to color values, e.g. "155,255,64").

but i haven't tested this.