Author Topic: MusicBee suddenly not seeing library (music, playlists etc)  (Read 448 times)

LtTawnyMadison

I had MusicBee last night, and everything was fine; all music was there, all playlists were there. I opened it today, and there were NO music or playlists showing and I have no idea why; I didn't do anything differently. I restarted the PC but that didn't fix it.

I backup my library often and in fact did so last night before I shut down, and all my music, backup files and playlists seem to be intact and still in the same location on my computer. When I try just dragging the playlist .mbp files onto the "Playlists" folder icon in MusicBee, nothing happens.

The "restore" Wiki page isn't really applicable (I don't think?) because all the files are already exactly where they were before, and MusicBee just isn't seeing them.

boroda

try to open old library manually: file> library> open library/create new library.

LtTawnyMadison

Oops I forgot to include that I tried that and nothing happened.

boroda

you can see library path there (file> library> open library - <library path>). is the library database (MusicBeeLibrary.mbl) in that folder? if not, is there library database backup (MusicBeeLibrary.bak)? try to copy .bak file and rename the copy to MusicBeeLibrary.mbl. then open library manually again.

LtTawnyMadison

There is a MusicBeeLibrary.mbl file there. There is also a MusicBeeLibrary.bak. After copying the MusicBee folder I tried replacing the .mbl file with the .bak as you described, but it didn't change anything.

Here are screenshots of my MusicBee main folder files and MusicBee backup folder files. 6/10 is when the library had "disappeared" when I opened MusicBee for the first time that day.

boroda

make backup of the whole library folder (including "MusicBee backup" folder) 1st. then move and rename files "\MusicBee backup\USB_4G.mbl", "\MusicBee backup\MusicBee3Settings.ini" to "\MusicBeeLibrary.mbl", "\MusicBee3Settings.ini". and try to open library again.

if this doesn't help, then, i think, it would be easier to recreate the library from scratch (but you will lose ratings/play counts).

LtTawnyMadison

Thank you -- that didn't work, so I'll follow the steps for re-creating the library on a new PC and hopefully that will work.