Author Topic: Unable to delete lingering theatre modes in the view menu  (Read 489 times)

Diatomos

I've been struggling to create a theatre mode layout. In a failed attempt to grasp how the pieces fit together at their most basic level, I copied 'Rdio Style (embedded).xml', from C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.Embeded, and pasted it in that same directory with a new name. I then tried to alter the copy such that the album cover would be a little different. I just wanted to confirm to myself that I could change an xml file and see that change reflected on the screen. I couldn't find the file I had created in MusicBee though. I tried adding the file to MusicBee, by clicking on Add Skin, in the Theatre Mode menu, and then selected the xml file I made. In any case, none of what I was trying seemed to be working so I deleted the test files I was playing with, but am still left with their names in the menu. Is there a way to remove them? I tried restarting the application, disabling and re-enabling the plugin, looking for some temporary file, etc. I've no doubt screwed things up. Can anyone suggest something to help?

'Rdio Style Vert (embedded)' and 'Rdio Style Vert (embedded)2' shouldn't be here.

tjinc

Hi Diatomos

You should be working in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\
When you clicked on Add Skin and selected your new file it was copied over into this location

(The embedded theatre modes are used for displaying within a panel in the MusicBee window on the Now Playing node.)

Diatomos

Thank you for the response. I don't seem to see either of the stray entries in that folder though.

Steven

• Administrator
if you used the Add Skin command then the file will be in c:\users\<your id>\appdata\roaming\musicbee...

Diatomos

That did the trick. I was able to find and remove them. Thank you very much. I'll keep this location in mind.