Author Topic: Trying to import my iTunes library with metadata  (Read 1027 times)

seaphire

I've been trying to get my music transferred over to something better than itunes and musicbee seems really promising but for the life of me I cannot get it to import my library properly. my top priorities are 'play count' and 'date added' being preserved. I've managed to get it to auto import on a fresh install of musicbee twice but with what seems to be an old version of my itunes .xml that was on a different drive. I located that and trashed it and reinstalled and then pointed musicbee at my most current .xml which gives me this error and then imports nothing [only giving me an option to cancel]:

MusicBee v3.5.8447.35892D  (Win10.0), 18 May 2023 17:40:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zPvI1Uy1iDbZdVUmqNyClZIw=.#=zJjo879c=.#=zAhEkRUCkeoEC(List`1 #=z$oIKOWB5JiFY, List`1 #=zpFkLU24jXO5yMX0NNg==, Boolean #=zE0cU$MnDN0fBjzGNjA==, Boolean #=zJ7bRWknvEV$y0rqvYQ==, #=zrJ5_Yk545gE24AxRB8KtbsPWnxrZLt9$1A== #=zYtAAzMnJat_d)
   at #=zPvI1Uy1iDbZdVUmqNyClZIw=.#=zJjo879c=.#=z$Vmki7$ws87LvJrGQ9Te5mY=(#=z4$90odPQW5oVh9588w== #=zjbAjPZVG_glF, Boolean #=zE0cU$MnDN0fBjzGNjA==, Boolean #=zJ7bRWknvEV$y0rqvYQ==, #=zrJ5_Yk545gE24AxRB8KtbsPWnxrZLt9$1A== #=zYtAAzMnJat_d)
   at #=zmjNyQKFg7RoBdN6C9E9rbVieJ_HH.#=zGZQYi0oQfLfT()

I don't have any idea how to interpret that so I have no idea what's going wrong

the import window reads "scanning... 5,601 of 5,601" while itunes indicates 5560 items in my library.
This library originated on my previous computer [running OSX], was recovered from a damaged drive and then copied to a new computer [running windows] where it's been working fine for 5 or 6 years now; the oldest files are from 2010. It's been through a lot and there's a chance some files are corrupted here and there, perhaps leading to discrepancies? That or hidden purchased items that kept cloud syncing a duplicate for some reason so I deleted them? but shouldn't it be able to just skip over anything like that and import the rest? it would be real nice if I didn't have to manually edit every single file to get everything set up right D:

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
there is a garbage filepath in at least one of the files
if you remove the <key><dict> block for file://localhost/Users/Seaphire/Desktop/pool%20of%20things%20to%20sort/Muse%20intervies:clips/The%20Resistance%20-%20Full%20Interview.mp3
then the other files should load
i will look to change MB to handle that scenario better

edit:
this should work
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 05:42:57 AM by Steven

seaphire

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*
it worked!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!  :D
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3