Author Topic: code to expand small album artwork images to their actual size at double-click?  (Read 2198 times)

hiccup

I am using an embedded theater mode that I created myself.
It only has room for a rather small-sized image for the album artwork.

Does anyone know if there exists code so that you can double-click the image so that it expands to its actual size?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I don't think such exists at the moment. But you can get close through a couple of steps.
When I worked on my Motion Pictures TM, I somewhat managed to imitate MB's double-click-open-full-sized-image behaviour.

What I'd done was create an autohide panel that could be activated on an onclick action.
The panel contained the album cover and displayed it at maximum size (its width & height = height of the screen)

One hiccup to it though, is that:

The dimensions are fixed...fixed in the sense that they do not dynamically adjust to the image's specific size.
So that means rectangular artwork will also get displayed at a 1x1 ratio.
I only have square artwork myself - so I wasn't bothered by this when I did the TM.

You'll let me know if you wanna try that out and need specifics.

Edit:
Oops! I'm just noticing the "embedded theater mode" in your post.
Sorry, disregard the above. It would only work for a full sized TM.
Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 09:36:28 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

Edit:
Oops! I'm just noticing the "embedded theater mode" in your post.
Sorry, disregard the above. It would only work for a full sized TM.
Yes, it's indeed for an embedded Theater Mode (Classical TM).
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35547.0

And you are sure your solution won't work for embedded ones?
That's a pity. Thanks for giving it a shot anyway!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Yes, the reason it wouldn't work is that embedded TMs have a small boundary to work with.
And we can't, at the moment, display stuff outside of the panel scope that MusicBee has set aside.

The panel contained the album cover and displayed it at maximum size (its width & height = height of the screen)
"height of the screen" is determined by the maximum height that MusicBee has allocated for the panel.
With full-screen TMs, we are given the whole monitor size to work with.
But with embedded TMs, "height of the screen" would only be as high as the panel allows. So what you said really: "...room for a rather small-sized image..."

Looks like the only way to have what you requested is if the TM plugin itself was programmed to
open album covers at their actual size upon a double-click - the same thing that it does elsewhere in the application.
And if this is now officially a wish, you have my +1
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

Looks like the only way to have what you requested is if the TM plugin itself was programmed to
open album covers at their actual size upon a double-click - the same thing that it does elsewhere in the application.
And if this is now officially a wish, you have my +1
I guess now it is...
+1