Author Topic: Lyrics  (Read 739 times)

richard127gm

Recently (not sure when, but a few months back), My lyrics panel is not automatically retrieving any lyrics. Instead, I get the word "Videolink" and a random 2 or 3 digit number in the panel. I get the lyrics if i use the "Delete and redo search" option. MB also creates a windows folder that now contains thousands of text files with the "Videolink ##" text.

Bit stumped by this one. I've tried and checked all settings options but can't get rid of this annoying problem.

Anyone, any ideas?

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you using the Lyrics Reloaded (Latest) plugin? If so, please post your issue on the thread for that plugin.
If not, I suggest you take a look at the Lyrics Reloaded (Latest) plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

richard127gm

I wasn't using Lyrics Reloaded but I did try it earlier tonight and whilst it is great, I still get the problem, with or without lyrics reloaded.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Recently (not sure when, but a few months back), My lyrics panel is not automatically retrieving any lyrics. Instead, I get the word "Videolink" and a random 2 or 3 digit number in the panel. I get the lyrics if i use the "Delete and redo search" option. MB also creates a windows folder that now contains thousands of text files with the "Videolink ##" text.

Bit stumped by this one. I've tried and checked all settings options but can't get rid of this annoying problem.
You must be using some other type of Lyrics Plugin - please post a screenshot of your plugins list.
Neither Reloaded nor MusicBee (as far as I know) creates files of that nature - MusicBee only has one lyric file for such cache storage if I'm not mistaken.
What is the full location of the folder that contains those files on your PC?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

richard127gm

My Plugins are:
Last.fm (scrobble): Disabled.
CD Art Display
Lyrics Reloaded
MusicBee Chromecast: Disabled
MusicBee UPNP
Theater Mode

But here's the crazy thing. I use Mediamonkey for Chromecast and I noticed today that it also sometimes has the words "Videolink" in its Lyrics panel. I'm thinking this is some other software that is interfering with media programs. I will do some research as this now clearly isn't just a MusicBee issue.

sveakul

Try REMOVING, not just disabling, the Chromecast plugin in MusicBee.  Also, Googling "chromecast video link lyrics" gives some suspicious results.

MusicBee's Lyrics cache folder is located at MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\Lyrics in the Portable version.  You can safely delete the entire contents of this folder, which is never purged by the application itself.

richard127gm

Yeah, none of that worked. But thanks for trying. I have found a "Videolink" folder attached to some recording software I use, called Audials. I've been using it for years and not had any issues, but I'm guessing it has something to do with that software; I've tried looking at its settings but can't find anything. I'll keep trying. Not the end of the world, as using the "Delete and redo search" function, always works and I've discovered Lyrics Reloaded, which is brilliant. Not so good for MediaMonkey which has no such option. But Hey! That's why I switched to MusicBee.

sveakul

If anything from "Audials" is running in the background, kill it, and see if you have the same problem.  Looking briefly at Audials on the web shows it has multimedia fingers reaching out for everything, advertising its ability to grab song lyrics, record video/audio streams, etc.

richard127gm

Yeah, I checked and there's nothing running in the background for Audials, either processes or services, when Audials is closed. As I said, I've used this software for over ten years without any problems. Funny thing is, I found the Audials "Videolink" folder and deleted it. I'm still getting the Videolink text in the lyrics panel but when I search for videolink on the whole system it's finding nothing, so the folder I deleted hasn't returned (yet), so not sure what's going on. After doing so much checking over the last couple of days, I have found that it's not happening all the time. For popular, well known songs, it finds the lyrics. For other, less well known songs (I'm mostly Rock and Progressive rock and Metal), it sometimes  displays the usual "No lyrics found" and sometimes the "Videolink ##" text.
Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:27:48 AM by richard127gm