Author Topic: Certain tracks ending a bit early, cutting off the last parts of a song.  (Read 501 times)

nightsandwich

Am having an issue where a certain track in my playlist ends slightly earlier than it should, cutting off the last bit of a song, probably less than a second's worth.

Previously had this with other tracks, but was fixed for most of them when I enabled the "load entire file into memory" option in preferences>player. This specific track was the only one that seems to have not been fixed.

Some more context worth noting is that based on my testing, the track only seems to cut off at the end when it's been shuffled into, when shuffle is disabled and it queues normally, it plays in its entirety as it should. Have also tested the track in foobar2000, where regardless of whether shuffle is enabled or not, it plays fine.

Any chance I'm missing a setting somewhere to fix this, or is this a bug?

Steven

• Administrator
if they are .m4a files then google the forum for bass_aac.dll
otherwise make sure you dont have player preferences like 'skip starting and ending silence' ticked or dsp plugins

nightsandwich

if they are .m4a files then google the forum for bass_aac.dll
otherwise make sure you dont have player preferences like 'skip starting and ending silence' ticked or dsp plugins

The file is a FLAC. DSP plugins are definitely all unticked, the "remove silence at start and end of each track" is also unticked, issue persists on the same track.

Tested it a few more times, it's happening inconsistently, appears that it isn't shuffle being enabled that causing the track to cut off. Looking closer, I think it's only happening when the following track has a different sample rate. The track in question's sample rate is 44.1kHz, if the following track matches that, there's no audio cut off, but if it is different, the issue occurs. Do you have any advice on resolving this?

sveakul

If you aren't using MusicBee 3.5.8447+, update to it;  an issue like this was reported and fixed a while back.  Also, after updating, download and apply the latest patch (not possible if using the "Store" version), which has many bass library updates, including to FLAC and both the ASIO and WASAPI outputs (https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip).

If that doesn't help please post a screenshot of the full "Player" page in Preferences and a link to the problem file.
Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 02:43:03 AM by sveakul

Steven

• Administrator
Also could you indicate the output mode in the player preferences eg. WASAPI (shared)

nightsandwich

If you aren't using MusicBee 3.5.8447+, update to it;  an issue like this was reported and fixed a while back.  Also, after updating, download and apply the latest patch (not possible if using the "Store" version), which has many bass library updates, including to FLAC and both the ASIO and WASAPI outputs (https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip).

If that doesn't help please post a screenshot of the full "Player" page in Preferences and a link to the problem file.

MusicBee was on version 3.5.8447 when first tested, have updated and patched as advised, currently on version 3.5.5809, issue still persists.

Please find the requested screenshot as below. Here's a OneDrive link to the file in question too.

Also could you indicate the output mode in the player preferences eg. WASAPI (shared)

Output mode is WASAPI (Shared).

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce the issue you report using that file and a following file with a different sample rate.
However, if you are using wasapi (shared) then windows itself is handling the transition from different sample rates by resampling to a standard sample rate, and not under MB's control. But since it does transition correctly in foobar using the same files, i will have a closer look but not promising i will change anything eg. its possible foobar is adding a transition delay when the sample rates change to accommodate for bad windows behavior

nightsandwich

I can reproduce the issue you report using that file and a following file with a different sample rate.
However, if you are using wasapi (shared) then windows itself is handling the transition from different sample rates by resampling to a standard sample rate, and not under MB's control. But since it does transition correctly in foobar using the same files, i will have a closer look but not promising i will change anything eg. its possible foobar is adding a transition delay when the sample rates change to accommodate for bad windows behavior

No worries, appreciate the response and thanks for the help thus far.

Have tested it with WASAPI (Exclusive) and DirectSound, did not resolve the issue. Could not test it out with ASIO since I haven't set that up quite yet. The issue does however stop when I enable resampling in the Player preferences. Do you recommend falling back on that as a solution, and if yes, what sample rate should I leave it at with my library mostly having 44.1kHz tracks?

Steven

• Administrator
this should resolve the issue for wasapi (shared). I dont plan to change the other output modes
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

nightsandwich

this should resolve the issue for wasapi (shared). I dont plan to change the other output modes
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

That did the trick. Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it!