Author Topic: Playlist and duplicates  (Read 288 times)

aealith

Hey,

The Musicbee documentation says : 'Remove Duplicates - Removes all but one copy of any files which were added to the playlist more than once. Does not remove duplicates which are different files on your drive - for that use the Duplicates Manager'

I have an album called 'The Conversation OST' (soundtrack from the 1974 movie). On this album, the first track is titled Theme from "The Conversation", duration 3:33. The track 14 is also titled Theme from "The Conversation", duration 2:33.

I put both tracks on a playlist.

According to the statement above, using 'Remove Duplicates" should NOT remove one of those songs in the playlist since they are different files on the disk (and different duration and track number too). If I use the Remove Duplicate thingy from the List, one of those two (not always the same which is kinda weird but there must be a reason I don't see) is actually removed when it should not.

Now the question you may want to ask is why use this function if the two tracks are in the playlist on purpose? That's because right after a power cut I found some files messed up. The content of my playlists hasn't changed but some files in the playlists have lost their 'playlist tags'. In other words, if I right click those files and check the 'add to playlist', it shows nothing when it should. That forces me to retag those files which create duplicates in the playlists. Duplicates I have to remove.

Any suggestion about the first point, the behaviour of the Remove Duplicate? And if there is no way to change it, some hint to help me fix my broken playlist tags issue?

Thanks ;-)

Eric