Author Topic: Musicbee random "high" CPU usage.  (Read 1189 times)

SpirosG

Recently, I have noticed that MusicBee, at some point out of nowhere, is using around 20% of my CPU, even when it is sitting idle in the background. It never seems to release this CPU power, and it continues to use 20%or more  of the CPU until I restart the program

I use the latest patch of Musicbee.

Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 03:54:47 PM by SpirosG

SpirosG

This seems to be resolved -till now- by either selecting DirectSound as Output or removing some plugins leftovers in folders, although they weren't installed in Musicbee.
Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 05:59:49 PM by SpirosG

hiccup

Is this happening with your—pretty much insane—library of more than two million tracks?

SpirosG

Is this happening with your—pretty much insane—library of more than two million tracks?

Yes, but I'm not sure how this could affect musicbee's behavior and CPU usage out of nowhere and not the moment i start it.

I tried it with a smaller library same results.

From what i understand the problem occurs during the playback of random tracks, if i just let musicbee open without any further action, it doesn't have the same behavior.

hiccup

From what i understand the problem occurs during the playback of random tracks, if i just let musicbee open without any further action, it doesn't have the same behavior.
Earlier you said that it happened when MusicBee was idle.
So what is it?
How large is the library you are experiencing this with now?

SpirosG

But earlier you said that it happened when MusicBee was idle?
So what is it?
How large is the library you are experiencing this with now?

The problem starts out of nowhere, randomly, during playback, and even if I leave -when the problem occurs- MusicBee idle for 30 minutes, it continues to use ~20% of the CPU.

~36000 tracks.

hiccup

The problem starts out of nowhere, randomly, during playback, and even if I leave -when the problem occurs- MusicBee idle for 30 minutes, it continues to use ~20% of the CPU.
10 minutes earlier you said ", if i just let musicbee open without any further action, it doesn't have the same behavior."

Ah well, let's hope somebody else has some ideas what may be happening, I'm out.

SpirosG

10 minutes earlier you said ", if i just let musicbee open without any further action, it doesn't have the same behavior."

Ah well, let's hope somebody else has some ideas what may be happening, I'm out.

Ok, let me explain

Playback->random CPU usage->idle for 30 minutes-> still high CPU usage.

No Playback at all (just leaving musicbee idle since it started)-> No random CPU usage.

hiccup

Playback->random CPU usage->idle for 30 minutes-> still high CPU usage.
No Playback at all (just leaving musicbee idle since it started)-> No random CPU usage.
Perhaps some issue with your audio device/drivers then?
(my CPU burden for MusicBee playing is usually between 0 and 0.2%)

SpirosG

Updating the realtek sound driver to the latest one seems to solve the problem.

The weird thing is that firstly i didn't update the driver when the problem started. I wonder if it was an automatic update from the windows. Secondly if it was windows, why it didn't install the latest version.

SpirosG

I was impatience, the problem is still here and it seems to be related with clr.dll (NET.framework) from what i can understand.

Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 12:45:02 AM by SpirosG