Author Topic: Bug with lyrics handling  (Read 430 times)

tls01

Hi. I've discovered an issue with lyrics editor. It looks like MusicBee is saving lyrics after switching the track which is causing problems with editing.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, if so please let me know. :)

MusicBee version: 3.5.8477
Steps to reproduce:
In main player view:
1. Select track with no lyrics.
2. Go to tag editor -> lyrics.
3. Enter synced lyrics.
4. Click save.
5. (optional, makes no difference): right-click embed displayed lyrics into music file
Checkpoint:
a) Lyrics are displayed in "Lyrics" box.
b) Lyrics are displayed in tag editor -> Lyrics.
c) Go to tag editor -> tag inspector, note that there's no LYRICS or UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag.
6. Switch track to another one, go back to your test track. Go to tag inspector, note that LYRICS tag is now occurring.

Now, the problem:
When I am creating synced lyrics I am usually switching between views: main player and compact player. And here's how to loose an hours of work. 8)
1. In main player: paste unsynced lyrics into track in tag editor.
2. Switch to compact player.
3. Right-click on lyrics -> Edit Displayed Lyrics.
4. Play, enter timestamps (CTRL+T).
5. Save lyrics (CTRL+S).
-- Ofc you can do steps 4 and 5 in loop, the point is you editing lyrics and, theoretically, saving them --
6. Switch to main player ([Windows Key] + [Arrow Up]).
Checkpoint: Your lyrics or timestamps are gone.

Also, this is suggestion: MusicBee is displaying only UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag in tag editor, there's no obvious sign that file has also (synced) LYRICS tag. And if UNSYNCEDLYRICS is empty then "Lyrics" box is empty. Is it possible to, for example, add another bookmark in lyrics tab to show these two tags separately?

phred

• Global Moderator
In the Tag Editor under Lyrics, there are two buttons. Once for unsynchronized lyrics and for for synchronized lyrics. Just select the one you're editing. Also, synced lyrics typically must have a .lrc file extension if/when saving as a file.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here