Author Topic: Navigate to a folder inside the computer node using a toolbar shortcut or hotkey  (Read 353 times)

Fazer

Hi,

Is it possible to make a toolbar button (or hotkey) to directly navigate to a specific folder inside the computer node?

I wasn't succesfull finding a result using the search function.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hi there,

Haven't looked but I doubt it's possible.

Not sure if you are aware but you can always pin a folder/tab to get easier and quicker access to it. Won't that suffice?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Fazer

Thank you, I misunderstood initially. A Pinned Tab + Navigation Lock: Full Lock is indeed what I needed.

Hi Mayibongwe, thanks for your suggestion. I think you are referring to right click folder => "show filtered folders only". I am using filtered folders currently but it comes with restrictions.

-If one folder tree is open, depending on how large it is and how deep you scrolled it isn't guaranteed that every filtered folder is still visible on screen. My download folder is just out of sight above from what you can see in the screenshot, I'm looking for a way to have the download folder always accessible since I am contantly using it.

-No option to order filtered folders, they are ordered by filepath. I changed the pc folder structure to make my download folder appear above my genre folders, this is easier to click however this isn't ideal for my folder structure and for another reason I will explain below. One improvement would be allowing to dictate the order in which filtered folders appear.

-After leaving the download folder and wanting to return I use the left arrow button, this however also causes the downloads folder to expand which needs to be collapsed again manually every time. If there was a direct toolbar button or hotkey to my DL folder then I hope this expansion will not be the case, at least then the order of the filtered folders would not matter for click accessibillity so I could position the DL folder at the very bottom where it doesnt' matter as much if it expands.
Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 08:19:41 PM by Fazer