Author Topic: "Scan Folders for New Files" - Question  (Read 441 times)

sjf99

So, I have a pretty extensive iTunes library and I am really starting to get into MusicBee more and more (sometimes its overwhelming in features) but like the true "bitperfect" playback.

Question, I use "Scan Folders for New Files" a lot after I make updates to my main iTunes library.  Question, even if I have no new files I always get at least "2 files updated", is there anyway to find out "what gets updated/added" in a new file scan.

Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:29:07 AM by sjf99

Steven

• Administrator
switch to the Tracks view, add Date Modified field to the main panel and then sort by Date Modified

lostinsound

I've seen this as well, and when I go to the Tracks view and sort by Date Modified it doesn't show any files as being updated. Like right now when I run a scan it says 36 updated every time, but when I look in the tracks view the most recent file that was updated was from 2 days ago. I have made a decent amount of changes to the library recently.

The only way I've been able to get rid of it is by create a temporary library and doing a fresh scan of my music folder, and then replacing the mbl file in my library with the clean one I just created in the temporary library.

Steven

• Administrator

sjf99

I am using 3.5.8447.  I will try to view Tracks and then sort by "Date Modified" to gain some more insight to what is going on.

Thanks all.

Scott
Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 01:37:30 PM by sjf99

lostinsound

I am also using the 3.5.8447 from the downloads page.

Steven

• Administrator
if it is still happening right now with actual examples then i can create a debug version to see what is going on
Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 01:13:15 AM by Steven

lostinsound

if it is still happening right now with actual examples then i can create a debug version to see what is going on
It is currently happening for me. Is there something you would need from me for that? I'm not familiar with the process.

Steven

• Administrator
using this link
https://mega.nz/file/k4lCnTrJ#yFqvhXEUdLiOqLhfyFLoHYBL47-GfsKa3aP1kUSJ4uQ
unzip and replace MusicBee.exe (keep a copy of the existing one)

Using the usual process for file scans, do that a couple of times and then send me the information at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for sending the log information.
It looks like when you have a playlist that refers to deleted files or to files smaller than the small file size cutoff setting, the update count will always include those files.
This fixes that issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

lostinsound

thanks for sending the log information.
It looks like when you have a playlist that refers to deleted files or to files smaller than the small file size cutoff setting, the update count will always include those files.
This fixes that issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Oh wow, it didn't even occur to me to check my playlists after all the library changes.  :-X  Whoops. Thank you!