Recently, I often encounter problems related to my music library in MusicBee. This is not the first time I notice that after the next search for new files, my entire library is reset and moved to "new files". Today it happened again. But everything is in order.
I'm using portable version 3.4.8033 P. The entire music collection is on a removable hard drive. I have to turn it off often. I update new files manually, through Insert. When the scan started, I found on the bottom line that there were a very large number of new files on the New Files tab. I realized that for some reason MB began to perceive all files from the library as new.
I stopped scanning. Rebooted MB and ran a full scan. And again on MB I thought that all these files are on
disk are new. The play counters are reset, the auto-playlists are empty, and even the tags that I so diligently wrote down (I wrote down on the tab "tags 2" - "country" - disappeared. In fact, I lost my entire history. I almost had a heart attack.
It's good that I made a backup of the library - I thought. Substituted the old MusicBeeLibrary.mbl file and ...something has changed, but not everything.
Here's what's returned:
- now all my music was in the "music" section, only a couple of hundred files were identified as "new"
- atopplaylists pulled up the necessary compositions
That's all. But unfortunately I didn't fix it.
- the play counter has been reset, and for so many years, I have had so much music, it is dear to me to know what music I listened to most often
- the "country" tags that I entered so diligently did not appear recently, they simply do not exist in any file. Now auto-playlists by country do not work for me
- I also have empty values in the "listened" column. Now I don't know what I listened to and what not...
Please help me get my story back. Are the play count and tags lost forever?