Author Topic: System.OutOfMemoryException MusicBee v3.5.8447.35843Store (Win10.0)  (Read 521 times)

Drewbarrymore

After running "Rescan All Files" (at about 20,000 records scanned) or "Scan Folders for new files" (at about 10,000 records scanned) I get the following errors:

MusicBee v3.5.8447.35843Store (Win10.0), 15 Mar 2023 20:25:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetFunctionPointerForDelegateInternal(Delegate d)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetFunctionPointerForDelegate(Delegate d)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SetWindowLongPtr32(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nIndex, WndProc wndproc)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SetWindowLong(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nIndex, WndProc wndproc)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.AssignHandle(IntPtr handle, Boolean assignUniqueID)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.AssignHandle(IntPtr handle)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WindowClass.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also, I found a few hundred files corrupted. Not sure when these happened, if they are related, or if this is a separate issue.

Steven

• Administrator

Drewbarrymore

Thanks Steven. Is there a way to find the corrupt files? I thought that's what the scan would do but I guess I read wrong.

Steven

• Administrator
also note it could be folder based or embedded artwork that is corrupt as well

Drewbarrymore

Bummer I have about 2300+ albums.  I'll post if I find anything interesting in my result Steven.

Drewbarrymore

I believe this turned out to be a failing hdd.  I had recieved a few notifications in the past 30 days that a few files were missing. At that time I recovered from backups and figured everything was fine.  But when it happened again I decided to run a full scan of musicbee fies and that's when the error above occured.  Took me a few days trying to figure what may be wrong with MB and in that I had another music app find a bunch of corrupt and unreadable music files.  I recovered as much as I could without pulling out the CDs again.  Then I decided to run a chkdsk to make sure no futher problems would happen and thats when chkdsk found unrecoverble probems with the file system.  Bye bye seagate. But I had made too many changes to artwork to recover everything from backup so I bought a new WD passport and coppied everything over. Produced a few more corrupt files in the prodess but 98% was saved.  I'm in the process of cleaup now but "rescan all" feature worked fine no errors.