Author Topic: How to rescan to which playlists a given song belongs?  (Read 270 times)

vankyan

I have a dynamic playlist of 3+ star songs. Then I manually include songs in indifferent playlists. I like to preview my main 3+ playlist to see if there are songs that don't belong to any playlist, so I have included "Playlist" as a column in the playlists view. After an update to Music bee though that column became empty. Perhaps some database was lost. Now when I add a song to a playlist where it already belongs, the pop-up "This song exists in the playlist, are you sure you want to add it again" comes up, but if I click on No, it still doesn't populate the column to which playlist it belongs. I also did a rescan of all songs in each playlist, but still no updating.

How can I rescan to which playlists songs belong so that column "Playlist" updates?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Welcome to the forum, vankyan,

It's been a few months, but I believe there were some changes made to how songs were added to a playlist.
Not sure if it's just in the wording, but I recall the <right click on track> feature wasn't called "Include In Playlist" at some point.
Baseless assumption, but maybe during those changes, there was a side-effect like the one you are experiencing now.

Anyway, what MusicBee version are you using?
I'm on a fairly old v3.5.8338P and when I try to include/tick a song to a static playlist where it already exists, I am only able to remove it from said playlist.
There is no pop-up saying "This song exists in the playlist, are you sure you want to add it again"
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

frankz

Auto playlists never appeared in the Playlists column, at least not in the time I've been using MB.

vankyan

I am on 3.5.8436 P. I know autoplaylists do not appear, but as I said - after the update it "forgot" to which manual playlists given songs belong. New ones are shown fine after being added to a given playlist. That's why I want to rescan them all
Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:48:51 PM by vankyan

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure i understand what you are asking for but try deleting the file:
MusicBeeLibrary.pfidx
in the root music folder
and then restart MB

frankz

I am on 3.5.8436 P. I know autoplaylists do not appear, but as I said - after the update it "forgot" to which manual playlists given songs belong. New ones are shown fine after being added to a given playlist. That's why I want to rescan them all
Oops I misread your original message.  Disregard.