Author Topic: File Rescan/add completed - no new files found, x updated, but nothing changed?  (Read 161 times)

MixMay999

Hi there!

So something that's come up after a mishap on reinstalling MusicBee and getting my files across onto a new hard drive was something that came up every time I scanned my iTunes folder for new files. It would say on the bottom left "File Rescan/add completed - no new files found, x updated" (x being how many files got updated), although I'm not sure what is being updated at all.  See screenshot here.

Additionally even if I did edit the metadata of one track it would indicate one file in the iTunes library did indeed get updated, but following on new scans for files, the same "file rescan... no new files found, x updated" would still show, as if there are a certain number of files is being continuously updated 24/7 when that's far from the case.

I'm not too sure if it's also responsible either for not every single file from iTunes showing on MusicBee either, where for me there's an inconsistency between the total number of files between the two (15,056 songs total on iTunes, but 15,058 on MusicBee), which might be another question in itself...

Is there any reason for the two occurrences happening?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
File updated count reflects the number of files where file date/time cached in MB is out of date compared to the modification date/time of the music file - any out-of-date file is reloaded into MB. As to what is causing the file modification time to change, you will need to figure that out yourself