Author Topic: Dual Screen Resizing Error  (Read 286 times)

richard127gm

This only just started happening. When I move Full Screen MB from main right-hand monitor to secondary left-hand monitor, MB resizes Album Art and Visualiser panels (Left main panel). Could be just one of these two panels as one would affect the other. MB also resizes the right sidebar. The exact same thing happens if I Restore Down MB window in either monitor and re-maximise it. I have included two screen shots. "MusicBee-8" Is the right hand main display and you will see that the album covers number eight across, widthways. This screenshot is my preferred setup. "MusicBee-9" shows what happens when I shift the window to the left hand monitor or restore-down then re-maximise the window in either monitor. MB visibly shrinks the width of both side panels and you will see that the album covers display is now 9 albums wide. Moving the window back to the main display from secondary display does not return it to its previous layout, remaining as you see in MusicBee-9. As I move the window around a lot, depending on what I'm doing, this is becoming a real nuisance.

Windows 10 Home (fully up to date).
MB 3.5.8447 (latest build).
Both monitors are identical in brand, resolution and setup.
Behaviour happens every time the MB window is moved between screens or restored down and re-maximised.
Closing and re-starting will display the same layout as from which window it was closed.

MusicBee-8

MusicBee-9
Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 02:29:57 AM by richard127gm

richard127gm

No replies yet. Is anyone else getting this? Basically, I can't set the widths of either the left or right panels because they change every time I move the window. This is a game changer for me. Very frustrating.

richard127gm

OK. I've found out what was causing this. If MB has a small window size when restored down is implemented, it will resize the left and right panels (or the centre, main panel) and when maximised it will display the behaviour in my post above. I have increased the restored down window size to almost full screen, and when I do this, it resolves the problem. Basically, as soon as you drag the maximised window, it shrinks to whatever restored down size it has in memory then, when maximised, it retains the restored down size for it's panels.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, or at least an undesired effect. Hopefully Steven will get to see this post and tell me what's happening and whether it could be fixed/changed.

The Incredible Boom Boom

This also occurs when moving MB to another monitor of differing resolution, but I haven't had it happen when moving to and from the same resolution.

richard127gm

Yes, I could understand that, if my screens were different. You can actually see it happening if you resize a non-maximised window to about a quarter of the full window size, then re-maximise it and fix the panel sizes how you'd like them to be displayed. If you then grab the maximised window and start to move it, you can see MB resize the panels in real time (to a size suitable for a small window) and retain those smaller panel sizes when you either move it to another screen maximised or just re-maximise to the same screen. It's not so much of a problem now I've identified the problem. I just don't resize floating MB windows to a small size.

I would like to think this will be acknowledged and fixed, as I would sometimes want to display MB and another windowed item on my 2nd screen, but can't if the MB window gets below a certain size.