Author Topic: Seacrhing By Song Ttitle  (Read 170 times)

nighthawk68

I am new to Musicbee, having always used MediaMonkey. It seems I can search by artist but I can't search by song title. I've customized the search and selected "Title" and still not getting results. It feels like I'm missing something basic. The only search box I see is the one above "Playing Tracks." I'm using the Absolute Blue skin.

phred

• Global Moderator
It sounds like you're using the search box (located at the top right of the main window.) If so, click on the little down arrow to the right of the magnifying glass and select "entire library." Then select "Search Specific Fields" and make sure "Title" is selected plus any other fields you want searched. Lastly take a look at "Search Field Shortcuts." If you have a few search fields set in "Search Specific Fields" you can use "T:SongTitle" and the search will be limited to titles.

One more thing... there's a custom search available from the Edit Menu (in the Menu Bar.) It's called "Find" and give you much more control for searching than simply using the search box.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here