Author Topic: Update "Date Added" field when song is moved from Inbox to Library  (Read 257 times)

dapoopsters

I have been using MusicBee for a few years on an older version (I believe I was last on 3.3 or so), but recently reinstalled Windows and decided to update MusicBee along with that.

On the older version of MusicBee I was using, whenever I moved a song from the Inbox to my Library it would update the "Date Added" field to the time that I moved the song. I really enjoyed this feature as I liked being able to sort by "Date Added" so I could listen to the songs I most recently added and it makes it easy to find the latest songs I've added to sync them to my phone.

On the newer version of MusicBee (currently using 3.4.x), the "Date Added" field will be set when I first add a song to my music folder and it is picked up in the Inbox. The "Date Added" set will not be overwritten when I send a song from the Inbox to the Library, making it so songs in my Library cannot be sorted by the date I added them to my Library.

I have tried to circumvent this by selecting all songs in my Inbox and editing the "Date Added" field to be blank so that it will be set when the song is moved to the Library, but MusicBee seems to scan and update the Inbox and will set the "Date Added" field after a minute or so.

I am mainly wondering if there are any settings or workarounds I can employ to achieve the functionality I previously was able to rely on where the "Date Added" field will be set to the date and time that I move a song from the Inbox to the Library, instead of it being set to the time it was initially added to the Inbox and never again changed.