Author Topic: Theater Mode Artist Background Pictures  (Read 443 times)

joshua106ful

Hello, I am new, and I just started messing around with MusicBee. I really like the theater mode and I love the different skins but the only problem I have is the artist background pictures. Some artists I listen to, it shows the correct photo of the person and sometimes it just shows random images. I assume these images come from the internet and I have tried putting my own pictures in the MusicBee folder to have for Theater Mode. Is there a way of putting multiple pictures in the folder? So far, I have only gotten one picture to work per artist so far. Also does anyone know a site where you can get high quality artist pictures? Most images I have put in have come out blurred. If anyone has any tips and tricks for the theater mode also let me know about it.

frankz

The way to put multiple artist photos is to name them like Garbage.jpg, Garbage_1.jpg, Garbage_2.jpg, etc.  Something like that.

If the automated function isn't providing satisfactory results, your best bet is to find your own desired images and save them to the "Artist Pictures" subfolder underneath your library folder.  If the automated function is finding good photos, you can save them by right clicking on the photo and selecting "Save Artist Picture" and then naming them in the suggested sequence.

joshua106ful

Thank you! I didn't know that it would still work if you used something like garbage_1.jpg. I will try that with the artists that really don't have any pictures.

frankz

A few other useful (I hope) tips:

1. This won't appear in theater mode, but in the regular interface where you have an artist picture, if you come across a particularly good one, you can right click it and select "Save Artist Picture" to save it to the right folder.  It will populate with the artist name, and you can add the _1 etc to save multiple pictures this way.
2. If you find your own pictures, you can copy them (from the web for example) and paste them in the same space as above to save them.
3. If you have multiple artists in the splitter, it will cycle through them when a song is playing.  For example, if I have Wings as an artist and Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, Denny Laine also listed as artists in the splitter, it will find pictures of the group and also those individuals.

joshua106ful

Thank you for the tips. I didn't know about the last tip, but I've noticed the player showing group members individually sometimes. Also, lately it's been showing better images of the artist which is good. I guess it takes some time for it to do that and now I'm happy.