Author Topic: option to manually define an album art search query  (Read 1067 times)

hiccup

While I am somewhat of a believer in being 'straight' and using things just for what they were intended for, there will obviously be border cases or rare situations where a user can't or won't follow strict rules.
Since I admittedly am one of such users myself, I sometimes run into this when trying to find album art:

And after that there is nowhere to go.

I know it is usually (but not always) because of my own antics and my own 'system' of preparing and evaluating music (album titles) before adding it to my 'final' library.
But regardless of the reasons for a user to digress from 'strict rules' I think it would be a valuable improvement  if this "computer says no" message would be replaced by something like: "Unable to find albumart for that album title. Would you like me to search again using manual input?"
And when clicking 'yes', a panel popping up where you can enter your own search term.

And also, when the album art search does present results, but they are incorrect and useless (e.g. because of the way the album title was written), also present the option to redo the search using a manually entered search query.

This has been on my mind for quite a while, but this recent topic triggered me to put it into words and post it as an official wishlist request.