Author Topic: default items in enumerated custom tag?  (Read 618 times)

FenFox

until recently; i had a "Scene" tag on a lot of my music that described which scene it could be used in if i used it in a video project (wild west, the villain's lair, chase scene, etc.)

i also had several auto-playlists; one for each scene, so i could easily find songs that i had manually tagged to include those scenes.

i had a mishap and accidentally deleted all the custom metadata for that from all my songs, and now re-tagging them is difficult because the custom tag no longer shows all the scenes i have playlists for in the dropdown. (it used to because there were songs that had each scene)

So i am wondering if there is a way to edit the custom enumerated tag's dropdown so that it has all my scenes in it as defaults, regardless of the presence of songs that actually have those set? similar to how "mood" has several default values independent of the presence of actual songs that are those moods.

FenFox

i got an email saying somebody had replied. Will whoever replied please try again? because your reply isn't showing for me at all

The Incredible Boom Boom

until recently; i had a "Scene" tag on a lot of my music that described which scene it could be used in if i used it in a video project (wild west, the villain's lair, chase scene, etc.)

i also had several auto-playlists; one for each scene, so i could easily find songs that i had manually tagged to include those scenes.

i had a mishap and accidentally deleted all the custom metadata for that from all my songs, and now re-tagging them is difficult because the custom tag no longer shows all the scenes i have playlists for in the dropdown. (it used to because there were songs that had each scene)

So i am wondering if there is a way to edit the custom enumerated tag's dropdown so that it has all my scenes in it as defaults, regardless of the presence of songs that actually have those set? similar to how "mood" has several default values independent of the presence of actual songs that are those moods.

If you have a file with a list of your complete set of scenes, load that into a text editor that allows regular expressions and Find and Replace each line break to a semi-colon.
Then, import a random music file into your MusicBee Inbox, copy the scenes into the <Genre> tag and leave the file there. You should now be able to have all the scenes available in the "pop-down."

FenFox

If you have a file with a list of your complete set of scenes, load that into a text editor that allows regular expressions and Find and Replace each line break to a semi-colon.
Then, import a random music file into your MusicBee Inbox, copy the scenes into the <Genre> tag and leave the file there. You should now be able to have all the scenes available in the "pop-down."

i tried that and it didn't work. even having the one "tag storage" music file in my library with all the tags didn't populate the list on it's own.

FenFox

Solution found:

all i had to do was do what the previous poster suggested; except instead of the genre tag, actually just paste it in my scene tag. then restart musicbee and it worked flawlessly. thanks!