Author Topic: Lock playlist  (Read 1425 times)

Johnnybgoode

When hitting the lock button in playlist, it supposedly stops any inadvertent editing, but when I lock my playlist the heading turns to unlock, so one assumes it is locked but you can still move tracks to different places in the playlist, and if you close music bee it re opens unlocked. WIm thinking it shouldn’t work like that, any thoughts..?

phred

• Global Moderator
If I understand correctly what you're saying, there is no lock button in a playlist's configuration dialog. Perhaps you're referring to locking a tab that contains a playlist? If so, that's a navigational lock and it even says "Navigation Lock" in the contest menu.  - it prevents that tab from displaying any other playlist. When a playlist tab is locked, you can still edit the playlist's options and the tracks within it.

Is this what you're referring to?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I think he's referring to the "lock" button located on the bottom right-hand corner of a (static) playlist header.

so one assumes it is locked but you can still move tracks to different places in the playlist...I'm thinking it shouldn’t work like that, any thoughts..?
More often than not, one would think so.
No harm in voicing out the request/opinion on the wishlist board.
Steven's more likely to come across it there than here (no guarantee a change will come though).
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

phred

• Global Moderator
I think he's referring to the "lock" button located on the bottom right-hand corner of a (static) playlist header.
I still don't see a lock button. Static or Auto. Can you post a screenshot please?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The "lock" on the bottom-right there:

I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Mayibongwe. I found it on static playlists, but the color is so light that I missed it even after seeing your screenshot. I'll have to see if that element is skinable and make it more visible for my use.

EDIT: Hmmm ... it looks like that can't be skinned.
Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 01:56:23 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

I still don't see a lock button. Static or Auto. Can you post a screenshot please?
You don't have this?:

Quote from: phred
Thanks Mayibongwe. I found it on static playlists, but the color is so light that I missed it even after seeing your screenshot. I'll have to see if that element is skinable and make it more visible for my use.
EDIT: Hmmm ... it looks like that can't be skinned.
You could try to use the element "ContrastBoost". (see the Sample Skin)
But I believe the locations where that actually does something are quite limited. (at the moment...)
Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:28:05 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
You don't have this?:
Well, looking at a static playlist, yes, I do have it. But since I have so few static playlists, I initially looked at an auto-playlist and it's not there.

You could try to use the element "ContrastBoost". (see the Sample Skin)
But I believe the locations where that actually does something are quite limited. (at the moment...)
Thanks - I'll give that a try, but to he honest, since I never saw 'lock' before, I never had a need for it. And still don't. So it's no big deal if I can't give that line more contrast.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki