Author Topic: [Solved] Read Tags again an Update MusicBee from changed tags  (Read 1612 times)

Tagoria

I read some files in MusicBee and saw that some tags are not correct.
Than i used the external tool "mp3tag" to update the files.

In MusicBee it is not possible to read the tags again from files, only the oppside way.
When i try to read again the files MusicBee is asking to update the files when they
are not agree with that in MusicBee database. But this is stubid.

Currently only possible: MusicBee -> Read Tags gain -> Update Tags in Files with OLD information from MusicBee

Wish: MusicBee -> Read Tags again -> UPDATE MusicBee from Tags in Files (!!!)
Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 01:27:42 PM by Tagoria

phred

• Global Moderator
This is already possible.
Select the files that were changed > right-click > sent to > file rescan.
There's also a hotkey for this action. Mine is ALT-F, but I can't remember if that's the default.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

When you edit tags with 3rd-party applications instead of with MusicBee, you need to tell MB to re-read them so it can update them in the library database.  To scan and update the whole library, menu Tools->Advanced->Rescan all Files.  To rescan single files, hilite them, right-click, and choose SendTo->File Rescan.

Zak

• Global Moderator
When you edit tags with 3rd-party applications instead of with MusicBee, you need to tell MB to re-read them so it can update them in the library database.
This isn't strictly true, if you have MusicBee set to monitor your music folder.
I often send files from MusicBee to Mp3tag, make changes there, and MusicBee just updates with the new values automatically.
Bee excellent to each other...

sveakul

Yes, and mine is set to update on startup unless I have chosen to do so manually immediately after making a change.  Of the three ways to update from 3rd-party edits, the response I gave was based on what I felt best handled the OP's predicament at the time.

Tagoria

Now i found it. I never expect such a function in a "Send to..." menu, therefore i didn't search there. It's odd to put it there.

MotleyG

I completely resonate with your experience, and it's a bit frustrating when managing tags in MusicBee. I've also faced similar challenges with discrepancies between the MusicBee database and the actual file tags.
This was resolved over a year ago. See replies #2 and #3 for ways that best apply in your situation. Both will have MB uodate the current library details with any new tags that may have been updated in any files.