Author Topic: Move remain non-media files - inconsistent behavior?  (Read 1167 times)

Tybot

I'm using the file organizer to move all my albums and I noticed an inconsistency, not sure if it's intended or a bug.

The issue is that the Artwork folder is not being moved when it's one level above the music files. Structure is:
AlbumName\CD1
AlbumName\CD2
AlbumName\Artwork

CD1 and CD2 is moved but it leaves the Artwork folder behind. However, if the Artwork folder is in the CD1 folder, it gets moved. Like:

Album\CD1\Artwork

Any way to work around that if it is intended?

Folder structure:
X:\Music\#Artists [A-Z]\A\Artist\AlbumName\MusicFiles
X:\Music\#Artists [A-Z]\A\Artist\AlbumName\MusicFiles\CD1\ MusicFiles (if there's more than one disc)

Naming template used:
$Replace($RxReplace(<Path>,".*?⧵(.*?⧵.*?⧵){1,2}(.*)","$1<Release Type>\$2\<Filename>"),⧵,\)

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of the settings window in Tags(1)/ artwork/ Edit List

Tybot

Did I screw up here by not setting this up properly? I just realized I never let MB scan for any artwork aside from the front cover. Tried it once but some of the artwork in those folders are PNG's at 10's of megabytes each and it slowed MB down a lot and since I really didn't need to display all the artwork in MB I just disabled it again.

Still, it moved the Artwork folders that were in the same directory as the flac files, but not if it was in one level above.

Edit:

Just wanted to add the possibility of this being an error with the regex formula used. It moved folders and files with this structure:

AlbumName1/Info/textfiles
AlbumName1/flacfiles

But if that "Info" folder had another folder inside it, like:

AlbumName/Info/SubFolder/textfiles

That folder, along with the files inside, were not moved.

Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 01:49:57 AM by Tybot

Steven

• Administrator
the current behaviour is to only move files in the folder/sub-folder of the music files themselves. I am not sure its a good idea for MB to also move other folders

Tybot

the current behaviour is to only move files in the folder/sub-folder of the music files themselves. I am not sure its a good idea for MB to also move other folders

No, I get that. Everyone has it set up differently and it's impossible to account for every possibility.

Since this issue only affected a subset of a subset of releases (multi-cd albums with artwork), I went ahead and moved everything and then dealt with those outliers manually. It went fairly smoothly and everything is now where it should be.