Author Topic: Playlist  (Read 941 times)

Fox63

Is there any way to know which playlist a song is in to use it in virtual tags?
Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:31:51 AM by Fox63

boroda

use <Playlist> or <Playlists> pseudo-tags. i don't know what's the difference between these 2 tags. also, i think that no auto-playlists will be listed in these tags.

Fox63

use <Playlist> or <Playlists> pseudo-tags. i don't know what's the difference between these 2 tags. also, i think that no auto-playlists will be listed in these tags.

Thank you very much.
I've seen these, let's call them variables, but they actually don't give anything if they're automatic playlists. Unfortunately I needed it for that kind of playlist, I was hoping there was more.
Thanks again.

karbock

I don't know of a solution for virtual tags either,
but you can see if a track belongs to a playlist (auto or not) via the menus:
select a track -> right click -> Search -> Locate in Playlist

phred

• Global Moderator
select a track -> right click -> Search -> Locate in Playlist
Note that searching through auto-playlists to find a matching track will take longer than finding a track that's in a static playlist. It could take five seconds or more depending on the number of playlists and the number of tracks in each one.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

karbock

After my previous post, I remembered seeing an option (which I've never used, though):
in the auto-playlist edit dialog box, in the bottom left corner:
automatically export a static copy

Fox63, it's worth giving it a try, it could do the trick for you: pseudo-tag Playlist + static copies of your auto-playlists.

Fox63

After my previous post, I remembered seeing an option (which I've never used, though):

Fox63, it's worth giving it a try, it could do the trick for you: pseudo-tag Playlist + static copies of your auto-playlists.

I've tried this before but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
To be honest, I don't even understand what that command does.
To be clear, I'm creating classics, 100 songs for each year, and with two fields, year and position, it makes me the rankings automatically.
Just look for the ranking e.g. 1990 in the year field and sort it all with the location field.
Unfortunately a song can appear in several years, usually the next.
I had thought of comparing which classification is selected and with that take the position that the song occupies correctly.
It's probably best to use manual playlists.
I like to try :-)
Thank you anyway.

boroda

I've tried this before but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
To be honest, I don't even understand what that command does.
it saves a .m2u static copy of auto-playlist to "<library folder>\Exported Playlists" folder on my pc. try to change "Exported Playlists\" to "Playlists\" in mb prefs> library> playlists. maybe these static exported playlists will be automatically added to your library.