Author Topic: Random Play Entire Collection???  (Read 1366 times)

MusicMannToo

Sorry if this question has already been adressed, but I have been struggling with this issue for HOURS and am unable to find a solution.

I want Musicbee to play my entire Rock & Roll collection randomly, from one album/artist to another, randomly. Right now it only plays through the same album/artist is random order. How do I get to play my entire CD collection ransomly???

Thank you for all replies.

phred

• Global Moderator
In any view that shows your entire R&R collection > CONTROL-A (Select All) > right-click > play now > then in the control panel cycle through the Shuffle Off/On/Auto-DJ icon until you have Shuffle On.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MusicMannToo

In any view that shows your entire R&R collection > CONTROL-A (Select All) > right-click > play now > then in the control panel cycle through the Shuffle Off/On/Auto-DJ icon until you have Shuffle On.

I like the program but it doesn't seem very intuitive--a bit of a learning curve, but that worked. Thanks!

voodoopunk

Not to make things even more confusing, but you can also create an auto-playlist of your preferred genre or if you wish all music with a rule of "playcount is 0".

You can then right-click on the playlist and select "Play Shuffled" when a track is played it's then removed from the playlist.

This is only for those who have no interest in play counts.

MotleyG

If you have the column browser enabled, you can right-click on any Genre, Album, Artist, etc. there and choose Play Shuffled.

MusicMannToo

If you have the column browser enabled, you can right-click on any Genre, Album, Artist, etc. there and choose Play Shuffled.

What is the "column browser" and how do you enable it?

MusicMannToo

What is the "column browser" and how do you enable it?

Nevermind! I figured it out! Thanks!