Author Topic: Classical Music Formula Problems  (Read 1525 times)

MetClassOper

Unknown to me suddendly there was no exlamation when I tried once again this morning to create virtual tags in standard MB.
But on the other hand, this outcome was not expected...

https://imgur.com/a/OEHVatT

As you can see there is no tags at all in main window.
Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 11:48:10 AM by MetClassOper

MetClassOper

hiccup

Two out of the three image links lead to a 404 page.

I'm going to ask a moderator to split up the last 15 posts or so to a new topic on 'Questions'.
They are not relevant to this Tips & Tricks topic and make it messy and confusing to other users.

hiccup

It's going to get done later today.

So, let's continue.
Can I assume you have Picard working fine, writing the necessary tags?

MetClassOper

Unforutanately not, exlamation has gone, but as you can see, there is no tags either.

https://imgur.com/a/0MMMUQv

hiccup

Unforutanately not, exlamation has gone, but as you can see, there is no tags either.
please re-read my question

MetClassOper

Not sure if understand you completely, but I will try explain last few steps. Once again I wrote virutal tags and exlamation has gone, but on the other hand in bottom of MB in Classical Theatre Mode there is no tags at all, just empty boxes with minutes. I hope you can see that in screenshot.

hiccup

The Tips & Tricks thread you have been replying to, and are referencing to is called:

Managing (levels of) classical music works using MusicBee and MusicBrainz Picard

Do you see the last three words?
Have you even read my explanations on using Picard in that thread?

I am going to leave it at this.
If you still want to pursue this I suggest that you read everything carefully again, and try to gain an understanding of what is required for all this.

MetClassOper

Yes I have read and used it according to yours explanations and scripts.
Anyhow I will re-read it once again very carefully and try to acquire knowlegde.
Once again my sincere apologize for disturbing you and taking your time, if it wasn't my intention at all.

All the best!

DukeBrymin

Just a comment on the red exclamation point.  That will happen if you've defined the "Picard title full" custom tag in the New Custom Tag Definition box, but in the "custom tags" list in the Preferences dialog you haven't added "Picard title full" to the list of custom tags.  i.e. MusicBee can't "see" the new custom tag without its being listed there also.

DukeBrymin

And now a newbie question.  I've set up MusicBrainz and Musicbee as best I could.  But the picardtitlefull tag isn't populated in MusicBee.  If I bring up the Tag Inspector, I can see:
PICARD TITLE FULL..........TXXX/picardtitlefull..........₁Concerto for Piano and Orchestra no. 3 in C minor, op. 37¹₄III. Rondo. Allegro⁴

but in the Tags(2) page, "picard title full" is, ironically, empty.  If I manually paste the value in there, then things start to work.
Any idea why the tag isn't being populated correctly?

boroda

rescan tracks: tools> advanced> rescan all files.