Author Topic: Best settings for Player  (Read 1080 times)

johnnyboy

Despite the history on the forum concerning the DLNA plug in Its working OK for me. My question is in the player settings for output and sound device does the choice have any effect on the sound quality of the file being sent. I have mine set as direct sound and primary sound driver. thanks

sveakul

My question is in the player settings for output and sound device does the choice have any effect on the sound quality of the file being sent. I have mine set as direct sound and primary sound driver. thanks
"Yes."  Both Wasapi-exclusive and ASIO bypass the manipulations of the Windows mixer.

hiccup

My question is in the player settings for output and sound device does the choice have any effect on the sound quality of the file being sent. I have mine set as direct sound and primary sound driver. thanks
"Yes."  Both Wasapi-exclusive and ASIO bypass the manipulations of the Windows mixer.
So these settings will indeed have an influence on how the audio is parsed to the UPnP renderer?
That probably makes sense. To be honest I never gave this much thought myself before.
Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 05:15:50 PM by hiccup