Author Topic: Scanning multiple drives for lost music.  (Read 394 times)

VXL

Hello, this is my first time here. I've been using MusicBee for the past 3-4 years and I've think that it's the best alternative to Winamp. So I recently moved a good chunk of half of my music library that was on an external hard drive to another one and I was wondering if there was a possibility that I could scan multiple drives to locate missing songs that were moved.
Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 04:19:41 AM by VXL

Steven

• Administrator
outside of musicbee you moved some files that were already in your musicbee library and you want to replace those files in your library?
Just use the File/ Library/ Remap function to update the file path of the files in you library

VXL

I can't find "remap" sadly. I do have relink music file paths but all it did was scan only one drive which was the C drive whenever I did Auto Match and nothing else. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 05:49:31 PM by VXL

VXL

Actually, let me redact what I said. It was Locate Missing Files that only scanned one drive (the C drive) where the first half of my music is on, not the Relink feature. My apologies for that confusion there, haha. But I did try to add the external hard drive (listed as E) but it ended up having ALL of the files (including the ones on drive C) being linked to said drive as opposed to the other half of the files that was moved there from my old external drive to the new one. As of right now, this is how I have it currently set up.
Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:00:53 AM by VXL

VXL

I don't know what I did here, but now E:\ is appearing under "to:". Not sure what I'm doing wrong since Locate Missing Files still doesn't scan drive E whenever I hit Auto Match. I have around 65K songs in my library by the way where 15K are on my "actual" drive and the rest of the 50K are on my external drive. Rendering them still "missing".

Steven

• Administrator
think of it as performing search and replace in an editor. The left side is the old path that your music files are pointing to that is now no longer valid and the right side is the new path where the files now reside.
Make sure the path on the left side isnt going to include files that were no moved

VXL

I found a good enough solution. I just opted drag all of my files from my internal hard drive to the external hard drive where the other half of my music file chunks are. And then I mapped the external hard drive as the main location. Cause if I mapped it without dragging all of those files over there, the internal hard drive music files would've been missing. It's a much more practical way of keeping all of my files together anyway as opposed keeping both halves of my files on separate drives. I have enough space on it to do so anyways. Thanks for the help!