Author Topic: Backup error message  (Read 708 times)

irshjet

I am getting an error message -  master tag backup index is corrupted!  all existing at the moment backups are not available any more in 'tag history' command.      This just started this morning. I tried deleting previous backups and creating new one and still get same message.   

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About) INCLUDE THE LETTER (if any) AFTER THE NUMBER
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
What steps are you using to back up?
Is there any entries in the Error Log at the time of the error message? (Help > Support > View Error Log.) If so, please copy and paste those entries here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

irshjet

I am using 3.5.8402 now,  I updated to latest after I saw the error,  prior to update I was using the last version of 3.5.   It was installed with the installer from the site.   

I thought I had it to automatically back up after changes, but now I cant find that option.   I did try to do a manual backup and it showed completed,  restart MB and then still comes up with error

this is what is in there for today.    MB was working fine yesterday,  no errors.   no changes were made to machine either

1/10/2023 11:51:06 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8033.18493 Store - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\A&A\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\Log.log' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
   at System.IO.File.OpenText(String path)
   at CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.Logger.clearLog(String path)
   at CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.LyricsReloaded..ctor(String configurationPath)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Initialise(IntPtr apiPtr)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at #=zL4bUoUzC28QFx_6lsg==..ctor(#=zKjnjyP66fRcGW_Zl7g== #=z_Hbw9Ok=)

phred

• Global Moderator
Unless you're using the Windows Task Scheduler (or some other task scheduler) there is no automatic backup as part of MB.

The error log you posted shows you're using the Store version 3.4 and not 3.5 installer. The log is also from yesterday. The Store version can not be updated. Is it possible you have two instances of MB installed - Store and Installer?

Please post a screenshot of the error message you see when you start MB.

I strongly suggest getting rid of the Store version as it doesn't get updated nearly as frequently as the Installer and Portable. And the Portable is better since all of MB's files will be in one directory. Which makes it easier to back up and/or move to another PC.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

irshjet

I'm not using a task scheduler.  I was mistaken then about the backups,  I had done manual ones after any changes I made

I downloaded 3.5 from the site this morning and installed it, It has been the only way I have done it, I frequently check for updates.    What is a store version?

I only have one instance on this machine

Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:36:09 PM by irshjet

phred

• Global Moderator
What is a store version?  
The store version is a version of MB that is available from the Windows Store. And it is what you're using according to the error log you posted:
1/10/2023 11:51:06 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8033.18493 Store
Please post a screenshot of Help > About

I've never seen a message such as in your screenshot and I think Steven (MB's developer) will have to offer up an opinion.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

irshjet

the error log came after I had already tried to the update from the site.  I dont use windows or microsoft store.       maybe I will try a uninstall reinstall

here is the about screen shot

https://imgur.com/a/ugK2bCM

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the screenshot. You're definitely on 3.5.

You said that yesterday(?) you updated to 3.5 from 3.4. Did you uninstall 3.4 first? Because you can't upgrade from the Store version to the Installer version simply by installing over the Store. If you didn't uninstall the Store version, then you have two versions of MB on your PC currently.

I agree that doing a clean uninstall and then reinstalling might be the best solution here. After you uninstall, I would make sure there's no Store version lingering around. I don't use any Store versions and I'm not sure how one goes about uninstalling a Store version app, so you might want to Google it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

irshjet

I will give that a shot,  How do I tell a store version?

irshjet

uninstall\reinstall got rid of the error.  Now to recustomize it.    Thanks for your help

phred

• Global Moderator
You're welcome. Glad to hear that an un/re took care of it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki