Author Topic: Error on Youtube while MusicBee is running on background  (Read 385 times)

GeoFire

Hi I've been using musicbee for around one month and so far it's AMAZING!
I like simple and minimalist stuff, so I changed the settings to start the app minimized and on "Notification tray" so basically running on background, while I do other stuff

The problem is when I have the app on background, even if it's not playing any song just running without doing anything, I got an error on youtube wich says "youtube audio renderer error please restart your computer" and it doesn't go away no matter what I do, it only goes back to normal when I close the musicbee app, I just would like to know if it's possible to fix it, changing some audio setting either from windows, musicbee or even my browser(OperaGX) if that's the problem, I just want to have them both running at the same time (yt on my browser and MusicBee minimized on background)

Link to image in case it didn't work: Youtube Error

Thank you for reading
Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 08:26:19 PM by GeoFire

phred

• Global Moderator
Preferences > Player > audio player > output. Try using WASAPI (Shared) or Direct Sound. If it is currently set to WASAPI (Exclusive) then it is locking all audio, which would prevent other audio from playing.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

GeoFire

Preferences > Player > audio player > output. Try using WASAPI (Shared) or Direct Sound. If it is currently set to WASAPI (Exclusive) then it is locking all audio, which would prevent other audio from playing.

Thank you very much, that solved it.

I don't know too much about sound and music settings, extensions, terminology, etc...  So just out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking, is there any difference in audio quality between exclusive, shared and direct sound options?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you very much, that solved it.
Glad to hear it was a simple adjustment.

I do not know the differences between the various outputs other than what I stated about WASAPI (Exclusive.) Someone who is more well-versed (and there are a few here) will probably chime in and educate us both.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

WASAPI (Exclusive) and ASIO are bit-perfect, but only 1 app can play sound at a time. WASAPI (Shared) and DirectSound can slightly distort the sound (but it's almost unnoticeable).

phred

• Global Moderator
You've educated both of us, boroda. Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki