Author Topic: The update date and time are displayed with a time difference.  (Read 269 times)

skywhite

When you edit a file with Musicbee and update the date and time, it will probably be displayed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) instead of Japan Time (JST) displayed on your computer.
Also, when synchronizing with the device, the time stamp of the file etc. is stamped with the time shifted by 9 hours instead of the current time.

The application doesn't seem to have a time zone setting. How can I operate files according to the time set on my computer?

boroda

When you edit a file with Musicbee and update the date and time, it will probably be displayed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) instead of Japan Time (JST) displayed on your computer.
i cant confirm this. last write time shown in file manager is the same as shown in mb track editor.

Also, when synchronizing with the device, the time stamp of the file etc. is stamped with the time shifted by 9 hours instead of the current time.
this depends on file system (e.g. FAT always stores local time, but NTFS stores UTC time, which is corrected to local time for display purposes). but as long as time zone is in sync between PC and device, there must not be any viewable difference.

skywhite

Thank you very much.

i cant confirm this. last write time shown in file manager is the same as shown in mb track editor.
I'm sorry. This seems to have been my mistake. There was no problem when I checked again.

this depends on file system (e.g. FAT always stores local time, but NTFS stores UTC time, which is corrected to local time for display purposes). but as long as time zone is in sync between PC and device, there must not be any viewable difference.
I understand that the filesystem is involved.
When I checked my computer and device (SD card), the drive storing the sound source was NTFS and the SD card was exFat.

The time zone is synchronized between the PC and the device (the same time is shown), but is it possible to save the local time on the device side?
When I checked again, it seems that folders on the device side are saved in local time when synchronizing, but only files such as sound source files and playlists seem to be saved in UTC time.

It happens often, but please help me.