Author Topic: Syncing MusicBee playlists with any other app?  (Read 1740 times)

sageleader

Hi all,

I love MusicBee but having no mobile app is a big downfall. I'd love to use any number of apps that support casting (Google Play Music, Spotify), but the problem is that all of them have awful playlist mechanics. They don't support auto-playlists and I'm not aware of any way of continuously synchronizing MusicBee playlists with other services. Does anyone know a way to do this?

As an aside, which Android app do you recommend to sync MusicBee with that supports casting?

phred

• Global Moderator
I love MusicBee but having no mobile app is a big downfall. I'd love to use any number of apps that support casting (Google Play Music, Spotify), but the problem is that all of them have awful playlist mechanics. They don't support auto-playlists and I'm not aware of any way of continuously synchronizing MusicBee playlists with other services. Does anyone know a way to do this?
If you do all your playlist management on MB all you would need to do is sync to the device.

As an aside, which Android app do you recommend to sync MusicBee with that supports casting?
A little searching on the forum would have brought you to this (and a few others) https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=26726.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

PedroDaugherty

Unfortunately, there is no third-party application that allows you to synchronize.

ChadReyes

I understand your frustration with the lack of a mobile app for MusicBee. While I'm not aware of a way to continuously synchronize MusicBee playlists with other services, you may want to consider reaching out to a reliable mobile app development company like https://smartengines.com/. They have experience developing a wide range of applications, and they may be able to help you create a mobile app that fits your needs.
Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 10:43:48 PM by ChadReyes

phred

• Global Moderator
Unfortunately, there is no third-party application that allows you to synchronize.
That's not true. I used to use something called Cheetah Sync between MB on my PC and my Android device. There are others and searching the forum will provide with the threads where they were discussed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here